Wiring

lead

Reaction score
Hi guys the new les paul custom I just received is wired by gibson differently then what I'm accustom to my 92 custom and 2006 studio are not wired like this, is anyone familiar with this and can shed some light thanks for any help on this.

Attachments

bryvincent

Reaction score
it is wired the same just without the ground plate. i think the ground plate wasn't used since the production of the custom moved to the custom shop.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
The only thing that seems a little unusual is that terminal strip on the tone pot. Other than that it looks pretty straightforward.

lead

Reaction score
The only thing that seems a little unusual is that terminal strip on the tone pot. Other than that it looks pretty straightforward.
Yes that strip definitely new to me. Caps appappear smaller also. Guitar sounds great I've noticed in the middle pickup posit

lead

Reaction score
I've noticed in the middle position if one of the volume pots is off you dont get any sound they both have to be dialed in

bryvincent

Reaction score
I've noticed in the middle position if one of the volume pots is off you dont get any sound they both have to be dialed in
that's normal on all les pauls with regular stock wiring.

you didn't notice that on your other les pauls?

Cjsinla

Reaction score
That’s normal. BTW, it one point in the past, they regularly used those tiny caps. This is the tone cap in my 82 Fling V.

3201296B-F23A-49BA-9898-B415950D1423.jpeg

lead

Reaction score
that's normal on all les pauls with regular stock wiring.

you didn't notice that on your other les pauls?
My 92 custom and 2006 both sound in the middle position with one volume dialed in I was so curious I double checked them.

Latest Threads