Wiring Roadblock, Volume/Volume/Tone (Split/Split/Phase) (3-way)

jonesy

GLOBAL WIRING GURU
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Surprisingly not yet(Or at least 1 is..) I couldn't let my guitar sit, so I sat down, rewired it according to my diagram. It works. Except one of my Volumes is not working as well as it should (doesn't go to 0 fully, and is gargle mess until about 9.5. I also have a lot of noise becasue I am getting interference from the fact I had to plop my output into my tone becasue the length wasn't long enough.

I hope the volume issue is due to some solder joints being whacky.

Yes, I think I will, New wire, new pots and so forth. I made a mistake of accidentally buying stereo pots a well... so go figure, I was a bit of an inexperienced idiot.

And these pots are audio taper, not linear. I think that's wrong too.....

Could be, I kept forgetting to use the "inside' nut for the pots....
Audio taper pots are what's normally used in guitars, that is what I use in all my builds. They have a smoother roll off. *Linear pots will act more like an on off switch.

The more you do, the better you will get. Learn by your mistakes, it's all part of the process.

MostEd

Reaction score
So I got more wire, I got the new pots. I'll be trying to do the same diagram I did originally, here's the layout with my wire colors. Does this seem to make sense? It's a based on the SD diagram from the first page.
circuit.jpg

EDIT:

I fogrot to draw ground, as a result when I completed the diagram, the volume didn't go to 0. I fixed that. Now everything works. A friend had helped a lot by teaching me how to do it and did some neat wiring with me. Worked second try once we added the grounds to the volume pots.

Last edited:

Latest Threads