Damn, I am bad at soldering.
Done
Yn7r8Ua.jpeg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen worse from the factory.

But I am concerned about the uninsulated braided shield passing under the neck volume pot lug.
That could easily wiggle over and make contact while playing, grounding out the neck pickup.

I would consider unsoldering it from the output jack and slipping a sleeve of shrink tubing over it.

Also, on the bridge tone pot, it is a good habit to clip that stub rather than leaving it out hanging.
The single wire that loops around from the bridge tone to the neck volume by the arrow can be soldered to all three of those pots, and the extra ground wires can be removed.
You only need one ground... some will claim that having multiple will cause ground loops, but IMHO, that is not possible on a passive circuit.
Honestly, since all 5 of the braded shield wires are grounded together at the switch, you really only need the two wires running from the volume pots to the tone pots, and the loop around the bottom can be completely eliminated, but most builders use the loop.

Overall, you did pretty well. There is enough solder, and not a lot of excess, nor a mess of flux.
Most common thing I heard from the teacher in my high school electronics class was "Thank God elephants don't fly!"

Yn7r8Ua.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Threads