Wiring harness in historics?

aticus

Reaction score
Nice posts and great inputs in here!
Well, i cant say im hearing anything wrong in my 335. Just wanted to make a comparison with an untouched friends históric 2007 335.
I said that i Will upgrade mine and see results of open Sound taping etc....with same pups.

But this has gone far.... Luckily....honestly I thought that gibson CS uses the Best of the best but after reading these posts and other threads im kind of surprised

Jamman, very interesting founds, i do agree about "not Being on a bright side" and im in europe so my decission is gonna end going for the crazy parts prewired with TVTs and have a try...... And more surprised about what you said about the original bumble Bees compared to luxe replicas...... Im Also curious about that tone smooth

As im inside this mess now i Will grab a couple of originals and Also give this a try

Jamman, Youre talking about original from 50s that you can find on eBay dont you?

Thanks to all. Thanks!!!

Callaway

Reaction score
The quickest, easiest and CHEAPEST way to kick one in the ass sound wise I can think of without going through the endless maze and differing opins of boutique pups. Under their catalog specs Gibby should truthfully really just put "adequate" when discussing their controls other than the newer CTS pots because IMO that really all they are just adequate nothing spectacular. The Bees they are selling aftermarket should have a picture of a guy in a mask holding a gun for what they get for them.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Matt gave me great info and advice, i Will go for it but my location in europe with customs etc makes it quite more expensive for me.
In crazy parts and maxguitarstore there are similar prewired kits but cant say exact as Martín6string...... Cause Matt used 550CTS..... I dont know if that is same of this or Does difer ...... Im quite ignorant about so Many technical pots and wires

Maximum Upgrade Parts Prewired Harness Gibson Vintage ES guitars drop-in assembly - Max Guitar Store

Thanks

Unless someone has specific knowledge comparing them, it will be hard to speculate.

If you are going to replace the harness, my suggestion would be to go with the MSSC one. I know that may be more costly, but I also know that Matt's electrics are top-shelf.

jamman

Reaction score
Jamman, very interesting founds, i do agree about "not Being on a bright side" and im in europe so my decission is gonna end going for the crazy parts prewired with TVTs and have a try...... And more surprised about what you said about the original bumble Bees compared to luxe replicas...... Im Also curious about that tone smooth

As im inside this mess now i Will grab a couple of originals and Also give this a try

Jamman, Youre talking about original from 50s that you can find on eBay dont you?

Thanks to all. Thanks!!!
Yup , you might try finding some listed in the members/Vendors section . They are available every so often .
Comment #1 is priceless :)

Funny thing about that Post by Gibson , I bought the 2013 Memphis '59 335 and it is not wired as shown in that picture . I wrote Gibson about it also , They never responded to the question , Only another question I asked .
The guitar sounds great , but it's not wired Vintage correct .

Eric Duane

Reaction score
Nothing to add. But a big agreement with MSSC harness.

Historic bees aren't close!!

aticus

Reaction score
My Finally vote goes for Matt and his worked, he is a really a knowdlege guy and helped me a lot with every detail about Sound and tappin questions

And im going for one of his special harness WITH VINTAGE BBEES!
Will compare the best possible with my friend históric line 335 both nashville and Will report back.
RnR

Studio10

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are starting with if it is an "upgrade" or not. If your pots don't have smooth control.. which would be obvious to you than yes it would be benefit. You are likely to get not much if any difference at all replacing 2013+ pots though. It's one of the areas that were addressed recently. I just took out a volume pot from my 2011 R8 that was bout 350k. A proper 500k pot helped bring the guitar to life. The pot's in both of my 2013's and other 13+ Historics I've played have been excellent. Personally I prefer them to the 550K jonesy set in one of my other LP's but I don't suppose that won't be popular opinion.

Re: the responses from vendors who sell these kits... I doubt you'll find too any people selling "upgrades" this type of stuff telling you it's not an upgrade :)

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My Finally vote goes for Matt and his worked, he is a really a knowdlege guy and helped me a lot with every detail about Sound and tappin questions

And im going for one of his special harness WITH VINTAGE BBEES!
Will compare the best possible with my friend históric line 335 both nashville and Will report back.
RnR

You chose…. wisely! Good luck with the upgrade and enjoy!

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Re: the responses from vendors who sell these kits... I doubt you'll find too any people selling "upgrades" this type of stuff telling you it's not an upgrade :)

Lame comment with no merit at best.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I put this through Google translate and still don't understand it.

Latest Threads