Wiring for piezo pickup

andy007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a Fishman Powerbridge and Powerchip. I don't plan on blending the piezo signal with the regular pickups. All I want is to be able to select between the neck pickup, bridge pickup or piezo pickup. I don't see how I can do this but I'd like to have the three way toggle switch select the piezo when it's in the middle position.

I'm going to replace the mono output jack with a stereo output jack. I'll have a Y cable split the electric pickups from the piezo pickup. When I have the electric pickup(s) enabled, there won't be any signal on the piezo output. When I have the piezo selected, there won't be any signal on the electric output. Not sure if this makes sense.

I don't see any way to do this using a standard three way toggle switch. I'm not opposed to installing another toggle switch near the volume/tone controls. I'll be feeding the two signals into two separate amp systems. Standard electric pups go to ADA MP-1 and piezo goes to D-Tar Mama Bear.

the great waldo

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this but it might be possible using the switchcraft switch from a 3 pickup les paul otherwise use the multi toggle from stewmac.

Cheers

Andrew

andy007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm now going to install two output jacks and switch between the pups at the pedal board with a foot switch.

Latest Threads