Wiring Diagram/Cavity Pic: Bridge push/pull, Neck standard

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm looking to wire up a Lester with a 4 conductor push/pull in the bridge and 2 conductor in the neck. I have a martin 6 strings Jimmy page harness to use. I'm wondering if any of you have a wiring diagram showing how to do such a thing? Can I use the push pull pots for the neck or will I have to use a standard pot setup (install a p/p for bridge only)? Anyone have a guitar setup as such and willing to take a cavity pic.?

Thanks!

ARandall

Reaction score
2 conductor means that any switching for coil options are not possible without pickup modification.
As to pushpulls, they are merely switches grafed onto the top of and independent potentiometer. You can wire them up with the switch function not used if you want.
Similarly you can choose which switch operates which function wholly independently of the pot function below it.
Hence you can wire up the pots for their vol/tone core functions first, then simply wire the pickups depending on where you want each of your desired switches to be.

So photos of what others have done (especially rats nests typical of most p-p setups) are un-needed......and generally unhelpful anyhow - given that deciphering them requires the skill of knowing how to make diagrams in the first place. Simply look at the diagrams for the switch functions you want, and then attach the outputs to whatever pot lug their respective pickup location requires.

BadPenguin

Reaction score

There you go.
the only thing you can do with the two conductor is Phase wiring. IF you feel confidant and brave, rewire the pickup to 4 conductor.

Latest Threads