Will the UK leave the EU (THIS IS NOT POLITICAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

murmel

Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Priceless post, full to the brim of self importance. Well done. :applause::applause:

We look forward to hearing he's/she's best wishes on our new adventure.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hehe, unfortunally I am not important at all. I just get to see some importantat people from time to time. But I can't change their minds.

NimrodPiles

Reaction score
Hehe, unfortunally I am not important at all. I just get to see some importantat people from time to time. But I can't change their minds.

And will that nameless person be identified?

Of course not, so why mention it at all?

It is just more chaff in the wind, one voice, unattributed and totally and completely meaningless.

Peter Cook (a British Comedian) once said to his wife at dinner...

"You know nothing, keep it to yourself!"

:wave:

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't mean he was stupid or that he regretted his vote, he said that he didn't think that his vote was going to matter because he thought that the other side would win anyway. People are trying to stir sh*t as rapidly as they can.

If he did not think his vote would matter, why vote at all? Voting for the opposite of your belief is just as ridiculous. With those two points considered, he is stupid.

My remarks are not intended to stir sh1t, but are only a comment on human nature.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Precisely.

You can reminisce about the good old days and relish how the fat cats in Brussels must be sh*tting themselves right about now for as long as you please. But the fact of the matter is that a decision of this magnitude has been made with absolutely no clue of what the real consequences might be.

It might prove to be for the best, or not. I have no idea. Neither does anyone else. Hence it's a reckless gamble the likes of which may screw over generations to come.

Make Great Britain great again? I daresay the exact opposite seems more likely.

I rest my case. :facepalm:

And what case exactly are you resting?:cool:
Well I'm certainly all ears with regard to hearing the way forward by remaining in the EU. And of course you can't because they haven't given you their latest instructions and 10,000 page dossier yet...:laugh2:
Nothing to do with reminiscing about the good old days. It's called the experience of living through it all.. I signed the referendum in the 70's to trade with the EU. Had I known all the deceit , lunacy and lumbering bureaucracy that slowly crept in over the following forty odd years I would have either voted a resounding no or chucked it in the bin.
And you of course have also had the experience of living under the EU since the first referendum I take it?

Unfortunately you are doing the same thing that lost you the referendum in the first place.. No facts, no opinions but all doom and gloom.

The reason the out voters won is because for the first time in years many people voted with their gut instincts rather than reading what some expert with an off shore bank account wanted them to hear.
They voted by their own personal experience of what was going on around them and how it was affecting their every day life and families.
Most of the arguments I have heard so far from stay supporters have amounted to nothing more than waving pieces of paper in your face quoting facts and figures from so called experts.

Ironically my daughter and her fiance who are over in France for the weekend Skyped us this evening saying that just about every French person they met actually patted them on the back and said " Congratulations, we can't wait for our own referendum" and the only icy stare they received was from a German guy in their hotel.... :laugh2:

The EU's days are numbered and it will go the way of the Dodo with or without us.

DRF

Reaction score
Wow this is interesting, the ripple effects could be astounding!. I thought the British independent spirit of "we shall never surrender" was dead like so many other countries.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting - petition to hold a 2nd referendum.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Probably not a bad idea. Some people may have woken up to what the real implications could be.

Refresh that page and the number is climbing like a speedometer...

So if we get pissed about who gets elected president we just have a few million people sign a petition and make them hold a new election?

Awesome!!!!

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Love him or hate him old Nigel does deserve some credit for getting the ball rolling..:laugh2:
The guy swept in like a breath of fresh air compared to the austere po faced politicians we have become so used to.
He actually connected with the guy in the street with his charisma and Del Boy antics and got a lot of people thinking and laughing.

I was in stitches when I first saw this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dranqFntNgo[/ame]

DRF

Reaction score
Considering the globalists being what they are...what are they?, I used to associate that mind set with ultra left wing -perhaps people on the street, you know, everyone is the same, western countries are the reason for 3rd world countries being in their continual dismal state, fight the man! on and on, "imagine no countries, no borders", big gov knows best etc- but not so sure anymore as top tier globalists are also bankers, elites, investors and politicians, you know, the man...the fabled 1% what a mishmash lmao.

The vid below was just presented in a negative light on John Oliver -a U.S T.V show...another ultra left popular media outlet. He's a Brit I believe.

tragewombat

Reaction score
And you do have a clue I suppose?..:cool:
Well I'm certainly all ears with regard to hearing the way forward by remaining in the EU. And of course you can't because they haven't given you their latest instructions and 10,000 page dossier yet...:laugh2:
Nothing to do with reminiscing about the good old days. It's called the experience of living through it all.. I signed the referendum in the 70's to trade with the EU. Had I known all the deceit , lunacy and lumbering bureaucracy that slowly crept in over the following forty odd years I would have either voted a resounding no or chucked it in the bin.

However you want to turn it, trade implies regulations and bureaucracy.
Have they overdone it? Sure, maybe who knows but you are deluding yourself that you've now gotten rid of this madness.

Take Norway, it is not a member of the EU but it has avoided paying tariffs etc by being a part of the European Economic Area (it does pay a membership fee). As a consequence it has implemented roughly 21% of all EU laws. Better than 100% you say? Sure, but Norway has absolutely no voice in any of these laws. Up till now the UK at least had that. Sure the UK might think it is best to not enter the EEA and try to negotiate an array of trade deals separately. However given the vast scope of trade between the EU and the UK, and the insanely cumbersome decision process within the EU (all member states have to agree on every comma in the deal). This would take decades. The most probable outcome is that the UK takes (or swallows depending on your point of view) the Norway route.

I have the feeling that the leave camp wanted to get rid of the evil nagging mother-in-law, so they kicked her out of the living room. Unfortunately only to find out she actually owns your bathroom and toilet. Leaving you with the choice to either **** in your garden or be a good boy and grovel to mom.

Proponents of Brexit also make the point that the EU has no interest in a trade war with the UK, while at the same time they rejoice that soon other countries might follow in their wake. I find that dissuading those states who are contemplating leaving a very good motive for a trade war. Maybe not all out but enough to make you suffer. Sure the EU will bleed as well (but the blame for that can easily be turned onto the UK, so there will be little political damage) but to even think it is an even fight is delusional yet again

interesting times indeed

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fine by me, Dave.

I hope you have taken Nicky to task in a similar way for the vituperation launched against the Brits who have posted in this thread in a reasonable manner...

He was only being dealt like with like, by Americans also, I might add.

So asking that the thread not turn into US style politics, and saying please on top of it is "taking you to task" ??

My comment was aimed at everyone, even though I quoted your post. Most people are able to understand the gentle hint.

But if you're going to attempt to bitch me out over your version of "fair", I can easily turn into quite the overbearing ogre.

Do we really want that?

Don't cross me. Just lighten up. Everyone.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If he did not think his vote would matter, why vote at all? Voting for the opposite of your belief is just as ridiculous. With those two points considered, he is stupid.

My remarks are not intended to stir sh1t, but are only a comment on human nature.

Did I somehow miss where he actually wanted to stay but voted to leave? I thought that the news source had worded it intentionally poorly to stir sh*t, not you.

Edit: I read it again and no I did not. Some of you need to take a deep breath and practice comprehending what you're reading. Adam's entire quote was "My vote -- I didn't think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to remain. The David Cameron resignation has blown me away to be honest. I think the period of uncertainty we're going to have for the next few months has been magnified, so I'm quite worried."

Perfectly sensible statement and one that's purposely taken somewhat out of context I bet.

1. He didn't think that his vote was going to matter because he thought that the result of the election would be to stay.
2. The resignation of David Cameron surprised and shocked him--nothing out of the ordinary there, though it was speculated.
3. He thinks that uncertainty over the next few months has been magnified and he's worried about that. Perfectly normal.

Sounds like a perfectly sensible person. He didn't say that he regretted his vote at all. Where do you guys get that he voted opposite what he wanted?? Hell, his very next statement to the interviewer may have been "Still, I think that we made the best decision in a difficult time."

Phil47uk

Reaction score
However you want to turn it, trade implies regulations and bureaucracy.
Have they overdone it? Sure, maybe who knows but you are deluding yourself that you've now gotten rid of this madness.

Take Norway, it is not a member of the EU but it has avoided paying tariffs etc by being a part of the European Economic Area (it does pay a membership fee). As a consequence it has implemented roughly 21% of all EU laws. Better than 100% you say? Sure, but Norway has absolutely no voice in any of these laws. Up till now the UK at least had that. Sure the UK might think it is best to not enter the EEA and try to negotiate an array of trade deals separately. However given the vast scope of trade between the EU and the UK, and the insanely cumbersome decision process within the EU (all member states have to agree on every comma in the deal). This would take decades. The most probable outcome is that the UK takes (or swallows depending on your point of view) the Norway route.

I have the feeling that the leave camp wanted to get rid of the evil nagging mother-in-law, so they kicked her out of the living room. Unfortunately only to find out she actually owns your bathroom and toilet. Leaving you with the choice to either **** in your garden or be a good boy and grovel to mom.

Proponents of Brexit also make the point that the EU has no interest in a trade war with the UK, while at the same time they rejoice that soon other countries might follow in their wake. I find that dissuading those states who are contemplating leaving a very good motive for a trade war. Maybe not all out but enough to make you suffer. Sure the EU will bleed as well (but the blame for that can easily be turned onto the UK, so there will be little political damage) but to even think it is an even fight is delusional yet again

interesting times indeed

Oh , don't think for a minute anyone in here who voted out has deluded themselves into thinking that the thieving bastards and bureaucrats will disappear over night once we have left the EU.
But!...At least they will be more accountable to us as a nation and not hiding down some long dark corridor in Brussels in a room stacked with shelves filled with piles of rule books with get out clauses.:laugh2:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
bankers and money men completely f*cked up economies around the world and sentthe price of everything soaring over here. The same bankers who STILL line their pockets with bonuses every year we can only dream about.

Quit the bleeding heart stuff, it doesn't wash. We've been through an equal amount of financial sh1t over the decades...

This. The bankers and Wall Street big money "gamblers" did this. They rigged the game so they would win and everyone else would lose. With Brussels and the EU, these bankers then took it upon themselves to tell everyone else how to rule their countries. They also demanded that other people bear the brunt of the belt tightening and making of sacrifices and giving up of things in order to deal with the financial problem ... which these leeches had created.

Some countries NEED to exit. The only way they could have a chance tor recover, is to drop the Euro and go back to their old currencies... and then let them float and find their own exchange rate level.

Until they exit they will continue to be ruled and drained by an un-elected moneyed "elite" that stole their way into power.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ClvpdGzVYAE2qeE.jpg

"Just walk away" :laugh2: :laugh2:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In some US states we have referendums and direct democracy. The proponents of such forms of politics...mob rule...tell us how important the people's vote is and how cool democracy is. That is until the people vote for something different than the democracy lovers want...then we turn to the courts, because unelected judges are more apt to choose the correct course of action.:laugh2::laugh2::shock:

Yes. L.A. has referendums. What a damn side show.

LPSGME

Reaction score
So if we get pissed about who gets elected president we just have a few million people sign a petition and make them hold a new election?

Awesome!!!!

In my state repeated re-votes are routinely held whenever residents vote down a school budget that the school board wants passed. :hmm:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Interesting to note just who this character is who started the on line petition and managed to get it to two million in just one day.
Nobody quite knows who this character is but it could well be a person who's an ex Leicester university student called William Oliver Healey who evidently as a member of the English democrats in 2014 as part of his campaign speech wrote...

“As a personal opinion of my own devising: I believe it is time that the 7.5million economic migrants who came here to economically enrich themselves and who have failed to integrate should now be returned to their place of national origin.”....:facepalm:....:laugh2:

Evidently upon closer examination after downloading the data from this petition, it appears that a great number of the signatures are from an array of foreign countries ranging from Cuba, to Mauritania, to Algeria, Argentina, Burundi, Iran and even Moldova, along with dozens of others. It’s possible that an overwhelming majority of the petition’s ‘signatures’ are from overseas. Very odd, and in such a short space of time. Could this be the work of automated software, also known as ‘internet ‘bots’?

Willaim-Oliver-Healy.png

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Precisely.

You can reminisce about the good old days and relish how the fat cats in Brussels must be sh*tting themselves right about now for as long as you please. But the fact of the matter is that a decision of this magnitude has been made with absolutely no clue of what the real consequences might be.

It might prove to be for the best, or not. I have no idea. Neither does anyone else. Hence it's a reckless gamble the likes of which may screw over generations to come.

Make Great Britain great again? I daresay the exact opposite seems more likely.

I rest my case. :facepalm:

It is never the case that all people who vote either way in any democratic process do so based on rational consideration of the facts and implications. To suggest otherwise in this or any other election anywhere is just nonsense.

To suggest that every time a vote goes against your views the voters who expressed their contrary view are any more stupid or uninformed than"your" side is also abject nonsense.

What you wanted was not the same of what the majority of voters wanted. Get over it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads