Will the UK leave the EU (THIS IS NOT POLITICAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
The Pound has fallen so far today that the UK is no longer the world's fifth largest economy. France has overtaken it.

Brexit shock - France overtakes UK as world
Damn! My daughter and her fiance have just gone over to France this morning to stock up on stuff for their wedding.. It's a pity they couldn't have rescheduled the referendum for Monday as I asked her to get me a big slab of Franche Comte cheese....:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
We had a few referendums on some of the EU treaties that affects our sovereignty here in Denmark.

I remember the one in 1992 on the Maastricht treaty - we voted no. But then they made a few exceptions for Denmark and a new referendum that ended with a yes.
We also voted no to replace our good old Krone with Euro.

Oh and the EU Committee that moves back and forth between Brussels and Strasbourg - that's just waste of money - our money. What a bloody Kindergarten! Must be a French idea :laugh2:

However I don't think UK leaving will do any good. It would be one less (and a strong one) to make political pressure on the bureaucratic mess in Brussels.

Maybe we'll go back to EFTA - see you there :)
We'll still be trading with you. Just keep those Carlsberg Pilsner's cold....:laugh2:

murmel

Reaction score
:lol:..That hairstyle looks familiar.. He hasn't got a cousin over in Florida who just opened a golf course in Scotland has he?..:laugh2:
Are you speaking about that crazy German who pretends to be American :welcome:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Are you speaking about that crazy German who pretends to be American :welcome:
That's the chap, in fact he even offered us a few bribes before the referendum which nearly swung it the other way..:laugh2:

We'll acknowledge the Wembley goal
We'll stop making jokes about Prince Charles's ears
We'll stop using sun cream on the beach out of solidarity with your sunburn
We'll reserve a place with our towels for you on the hotel sun-lounger
We'll introduce tea breaks
We'll turn our clocks back an hour to be in synch with you
We'll do without a goalie in penalty shoot-outs with you to make it a bit more exciting
We'll send (German national football manager) Joachim Low to guard your Crown Jewels
We'll introduce an EU regulation banning a frothy head on beer
We'll all come along to the Queen's 100th birthday
We'll willingly provide the villain in every Bond film

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I know Brexit is a hot topic today that will have passion from all sides, but I am going to walk away from it... 1.) not my country and 2.) I have a first date in a couple hours... wish me luck! :D
Let's hope she isn't European or you may have to reschedule..:laugh2:

Have FUN

Reaction score
Is London in Germany ?

NO

Is Paris in Germany ?

NO

Is Bagdad in Europe ?

NO

Phil47uk

Reaction score

They should be banned on an lonely rainy island in the north-eastern part of the Atlantic Ocean...:lol:
What?.....:shock:
Where are all the German sun loungers and towels?...:laugh2:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIJqF8av6I[/ame]

roeg

Reaction score
beautiful...the wizard knows all...

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Evidently people like me are right wing thick racist bastards..:shock: Highly unlikely seeing as my Mother was Swiss French and my Fathers parents Russian Jews..:laugh2::laugh2:
Actually, there is no racial group that is 100% free of racist attitudes towards other genotypes by virtue of its identity alone. That is, the fact of your parent's racial identity (and thus, your own) does not automatically mean that you are not racist.

Same with ethnic chauvinism. There is no ethnic group that is free of animosity towards other ethnic groups, not even within a race. The Hutu slaughtered the Tutsi as a result of ethnic animosity though both groups were racially black, for instance.

Of course, I am not meaning to indicate that I find you to be racist. Instead, I am simply pointing out that the racial and ethnic groups that produced you will certainly contains individuals who are racist and/or ethnic chauvinists.

Now, since this issue does not pertain to the national policies of the United States, I will refrain from further comment save to say that I hope for the best for all those nations and people affected by this decision

--R

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great... tens of thousands of my 401k dollars... gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads