Will the UK leave the EU (THIS IS NOT POLITICAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchbox

Reaction score
Listen, just because New Yawk couldn't do it doesn't mean that California can't either.

Largest producer of fruits and vegetables by state? Check.
Large producer of meat and poultry? Check.
Ocean for trade and water supply? Check.
Deserts for solar power? Check.
Wind driven coastline for wind power? Check.
6th largest economy in the world? Check.
Large pool of labor both educated and not? Check.
Great weather? Check.
etc, etc

lol, indeed. :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
As the old English sayng goes..'Business as usual'

'Keep calm and carry on lads'

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know Brexit is a hot topic today that will have passion from all sides, but I am going to walk away from it... 1.) not my country and 2.) I have a first date in a couple hours... wish me luck! :D

Louie

Reaction score
I know Brexit is a hot topic today that will have passion from all sides, but I am going to walk away from it... 1.) not my country and 2.) I have a first date in a couple hours... wish me luck! :D
Is she British? :D

rxbandit

Reaction score
Lunch date? Sorry to hear that :laugh2:

mdubya

Reaction score
And when the UK is still part of the EU in 5 years... :hmm:

murmel

Reaction score
Sovereignty is a beautiful thing.
Britain always had Sovereignty. They just voluntarily delegated some legislation to the EU but they were always free to leave, like they do now.

People who compare this vote with WW2 or the U.S. independence are totally disrespectful to those who fought and gave their lives to achieve this.

To leave the EU the British just had to walk to a voting ballot, in rainy weather I must admit.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think at least two other countries may hold referendums , The Netherlands and Sweden and even about 40 odd percent of the French would like a referendum too..:laugh2: And notice how right wing extremists like Geert Wilders are gaining popularity in the Netherlands.

If we'd have stayed we might have found that ten years down the line we'd be the only ones in it anyway..:laugh2:
We had a few referendums on some of the EU treaties that affects our sovereignty here in Denmark.

I remember the one in 1992 on the Maastricht treaty - we voted no. But then they made a few exceptions for Denmark and a new referendum that ended with a yes.
We also voted no to replace our good old Krone with Euro.

Oh and the EU Committee that moves back and forth between Brussels and Strasbourg - that's just waste of money - our money. What a bloody Kindergarten! Must be a French idea :laugh2:

However I don't think UK leaving will do any good. It would be one less (and a strong one) to make political pressure on the bureaucratic mess in Brussels.

Maybe we'll go back to EFTA - see you there :)

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score

They should be banned on an lonely rainy island in the north-eastern part of the Atlantic Ocean...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads