Will the new headstock design reduce tone?!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
You have a bigger effect when they change the supplier of the springs and screws used to mount the pickups.

I don't know why no one ever talks about those springs. When you raise and lower the pickups, you not only change the string/pickup distance, you also change the tension that the pickup "floats" in the ring.

This "spring float" and "screw harmonics" (and their affect on vibration) is a bigger factor in "tone" than fretboard choice, tuner weight, pickguard on/off, fretwire type, glue choice, tenon length......

Walt_T

Reaction score
N or Z gauge will make you appreciate precise adjustments. And a Tele headstock rules for tone.

Reactions: Who

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
And a Tele headstock rules for tone.

Teles had too much tonez when Leo designed it... They put tone sucking stickers on the headstock to decrease the tonez...

It was all for safety reasons to keep folks from being injured from merely holding the Tele while playing it... Might as well wear a red shirt....

Folks need to know this stuff.....

:cool2:

LOSTVENTURE

Reaction score
If there is any one change that could effect tone, it would be the angle that they set the headstock at. If it stays the same as existing Epis then I would not expect to hear any difference.

socialhero

Reaction score
I dunno about you guys but my headstock still says "Epiphone" on it.

Shit.

Reactions: Who