Will British people ever think in metric?

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Oh how I wish the US had gone metric like they promised in the early 60's. Metric is SOOOOO simple! But when you are conditioned to think in the English system (the US and British system are not 100% compatible either) it is difficult to adapt.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I'm a Canadian born after we switched to metric. Metric is basically all I know, save for heights and weights, those are in Imperial.

Makes more sense to me. 1000 millimeters to a meter, 1000 metres to a kilometer, 1000 grams to a kilogram, 1000 kilograms to a tonne, as opposed to 12 inches to a foot, three feet to a yard, 1760 yards to a mile and 16 ounces to a pound. You've got your one unit, the meter, and everything else ties to that. A kilogram is 1000 grams and a gram is a cubic centimetre of water, a centimetre is 1/100th of a meter and a thousand cubic centimeters of water is a litre, which weighs one kilogram. Everything ties together and it makes perfect sense. The Imperial is like a measurement system straight out of Dr Seuss, nothing makes any sense.

TKOjams

Reaction score
Epiphone's are metric, Gibson's are imperial. This probably explains the high cost of the Gibson's.

That, and then there's the wood, electronics, hardware, and the finish.:hmm:

Latest Threads