Will British people ever think in metric?

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The British used their own system as most other countries did originally....... So, unless the Government forces change on the UK, we're still going to be using both for some time...!!

Metric system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As said above, I have cars that do miles/gallon; where fuel cost is per litre..!?
24 1/2 - 251/2 inch scale guitars with parts measured in millimetres..!?
and so on.......

I can work it all out, so no problem....:thumb:

teame1

Reaction score
Epiphone's are metric, Gibson's are imperial. This probably explains the high cost of the Gibson's.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Metric is so much better than imperial in every possible way. It's just easier.

Anyone know :wtf: a slug is, and how to use it? Didn't think so why. Why does imperial units have two different pounds? One for mass and one for weight? How confusing is that :wtf:

I take it no one here actually does any sort of engineering here, that's why they like their imperial. Metric should be here, and is so easy.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I take it no one here actually does any sort of engineering here, that's why they like their imperial. Metric should be here, and is so easy.

Easy o the "no one" shit there zippy the wonder student.

Because my job takes me internationally, I have to convert weights and measures regularly.

Equipment used in the USA is usually manufactured in Europe or Asia.

Reaction score
Canada went metric in the 1970's. Total waste of time and money in changing over.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
The systems the USA uses are the right systems. Gold standard, yo! :D

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me how much more you could care less. And do you care less in Imperial or Metric... :laugh2: :D :dude:

Thanks - I cannot stand that expression especially as so many people do not realize that they are not saying what they think they are saying.

teame1

Reaction score
I hear John Vasco prefers measuring his height and manhood in cm's as it sounds more impressive than when he does it in inches.

EasyAce

Reaction score
The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from.

Not to mention Customs, Classics, Studios, Specials, Traditionals, Juniors, reissues . . .

. . . he ducks . . . he runs . . .

Thundergod

Reaction score
You really think those right side of the car, left driving, fish n chip eating mofos are ever going to change their ways? :laugh2:

River

Reaction score
Easy on the "no one" shit there zippy the wonder student.
:thumb:

I've seen evidence of more engineers and mathemeticians of one sort or another here than I see in real life. :hmm:

train_hat_large.jpg

Toot-toot, ding-ding, kitty-kitty, wing-wing!

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying. You have a lot of people over here not wanting metric because they are sued to miles per hour. They don't need to convert between metric and imperial on a regular basis. Not to mention, if everything was metric, we would only need one set of tools, and not two. That's a whole lot easier as well. Most people here don't know the difference between an lbm and an lbf.

Blues4U

Reaction score
I never said I was against the Metric System--I said I was mad that I learned a system yet to be implimented-

I actually go crazy when I put a wrench to things that are both metric and SAE---WTF---

xxjagerxx

Reaction score
Australia went metric back in the 7o's,its so much easier. . still i measure my tv in inches,i ride a 6'1" surfboard,i weigh myself in stones,and pot comes in ounces.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hear John Vasco prefers measuring his height and manhood in cm's as it sounds more impressive than when he does it in inches.

You speak for yourself! I'll have you know I was a test pilot for Airfix...!!! :dude:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Most people here don't know the difference between an lbm and an lbf.

Because for 99.99% recurring of the world's population, it means jack-shit, and it doesn't affect their daily life. Must say it means feck-all to me in my 61 years, and will mean feck-all to me for the rest of my life...! :dude:

Perhaps you are under the illusion that all that you know and think is vital to the world... :hmm:

rjshare

Reaction score
the metric system is so simple and easy to use, easily the best system - and i am english!

the whole system is based on water.

0 degrees water freezes, 100 it boils.
1 litre of water = 1 kilo.
1000 kilos = 1 metric tonne.
1 metric tonne = 1 cubic metre.

it makes perfect sense to base all meaurements on the most abundant and frequently used substance in our every day lives.

Latest Threads