Will a Nashville Tele neck fit on a Baja Tele body?

Paulinator

Banned
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a friend's Baja Tele body nearly mint for $350. I already have a Nashville, so I was wondering if it's possible to swap the neck between the two models any time I want? Like say alternate every string change? That is, until I ultimately buy another neck, then I'll have two full Teles.

My gut tells me that this is a silly question and that's the advantage of a bolt on neck, but just thought I'd ask.

Paul46

Reaction score
You should have no problems doing that,I swap the necks on my Fenders from time to time just for the hell of it.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Why anyone would want anything other than the almost "perfect" neck that comes on the Baja, I will never know...

But I was told pretty much ALL Fender necks are standard size and will swap no prob with your liking...

$350 is a KILLER price for that Baja bro, snatch it before he changes his mind!:thumb:

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
The Baja has a U neck, very thick.

Actually it's a very comfy soft "V"... which is, to me at least (as well as many other people), one of the most comfortable necks Fender has ever made.

The 52' AVRI Re-Issue Teles have that fat "U" (baseball bat) neck... and those are the American made re-issues that cost WAYYYYYY more than the Baja.

Honestly, play the Baja, you'll feel the difference. And, after doing so, I bet you'll witness $350 fly out of your pocket faster than you ever have...

And, I doubt you will want to swap that neck for anything else.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Mine came with a C neck - huge frigging thing. Not bad for me, just thick.

LKB3rd

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, you have square butt necks and round butt necks. Tele's I think are square, and if it's a standard Tele neck it will go on any other Tele, and the same for Strat necks/round butt.

Latest Threads