Wildwood Spec Gibson LP Custom R7 Goldtop

shark

Reaction score
I guess the B stands for Bullion..A Wildwood spec R7 noted as an LPB. These are hard to find for real. Look up Gibson Les Paul Custom Goldtop and you will find everything BUT a Les Paul Custom Goldtop. Happy Happy Happy with it 100 %..Its heavy. I haven't weighed it yet I think its the FATBOY of the bunch. The Custombuckers are okey but they are a tad shrill to my liking. I've been ear branded by the other R7 I have which is a fuller deeper tone which I do enjoy. Havent made my mind up on the black plastics. .
lpb 1.jpg
lpb 2.jpg
lpb 3.jpg
lpb 5.jpg
lpb 6.jpg
lpb4.jpg

Last edited:

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Gorgeous. Funnily enough, we just had a thread asking about goldtop customs.

How old is this? The inlays and tuners say it's a 2019 or earlier.

shark

Reaction score
its a 2011 case queen. its just immaculate

mines 9.4 lbs and a few numbers higher than this one. The Ebony wood neck is so much different than Rosewood. Its like glass in comparison to running thru mud on Indian Rosewood. The Brazilian necks are as close as you can get to the ebony feel and vibe. :)

Last edited:

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Wow. Look how young Greg Koch looked in that video.

I'm somewhat of a goldtop and custom fan myself, so your guitar is right up my alley.

Damnit! Another guitar to add to the bucket list.

shark

Reaction score
The only other Goldtop Custom I have seen for sale anywhere is a 1982 Goldburst. Tried to buy that one 1st but 8k was way out of my credit limit at the time and he wants to get paid..I dont know if he still has it after the new year might have to bend over and pick it up. Taking a boot to the crotch would be less painful :)

reverb goldburst

RocketKing

Reaction score
Very nice! For what it's worth I think the black plastics look great on Goldtops, especially a Custom

Sharky

Reaction score
very nice catch. There's a R7 Custom in TV Gold I'm eyeballing here in Germany. They rarely surface, only the 2nd in at least 5 years. Too far away for me to check it out and buy it in person

$_59.JPG

mjross

Reaction score
I guess the B stands for Bullion..A Wildwood spec R7 noted as an LPB. These are hard to find for real. Look up Gibson Les Paul Custom Goldtop and you will find everything BUT a Les Paul Custom Goldtop. Happy Happy Happy with it 100 %..Its heavy. I haven't weighed it yet I think its the FATBOY of the bunch. The Custombuckers are okey but they are a tad shrill to my liking. I've been ear branded by the other R7 I have which is a fuller deeper tone which I do enjoy. Havent made my mind up on the black plastics. . View attachment 574635 View attachment 574636 View attachment 574637 View attachment 574638 View attachment 574639 View attachment 574640
That’s definitely a keeper, congrats!

Overture

Reaction score
Very cool. The only thing that's "off" to my eye is the tuning machine buttons. For me, a custom needs buttons that match the rest of the hardware of the guitar (to go even further, keystone rather than bean shape). That's a total personal preference for me though.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Very cool. The only thing that's "off" to my eye is the tuning machine buttons. For me, a custom needs buttons that match the rest of the hardware of the guitar (to go even further, keystone rather than bean shape). That's a total personal preference for me though.

This is a 57 reissue. 57s would've originally came with wafflebacks with pearloid tips. Gibson use wafflebacks on more modern reissues, but the klusons were the next best thing aesthetically.

ca1P18l.jpeg

Agree on the keystone part. They look much better than kidney beans, imo.

Censport

Reaction score
That's stunning! And while it's a beauty from the front, the back and back of the neck look amazing too. A keeper for sure.

Latest Threads