Wildwood Gibson Warranty

h4ck.b0x7

Reaction score
I decided to send my Wildwood Select 50’s Les Paul Standard back to Gibson for a warranty issue.

The nut was cut uneven and WAY too low on the bass strings, that’s not a huge issue and could be fixed.

However, the bigger issue is the gouge they put in the fretboard when trimming the binding.

54767584-503D-47DA-8C1C-A4F08A155967.jpeg
377973C2-B680-487B-9C13-9CD3665D6ADD.jpeg

LocoTex

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not picky at all, but even I would send that back. That's too damned obvious to not get caught in q.c.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
So how would they go about repairing that? They'd have to replace the fretboard, yes?

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't blame you for returning that and it should have been caught in QC, but I bet they are under pressure with COVID and stuff to just push stuff out! Not saying it's right, just saying!

Now, I hope they replace your guitar and give you a better example.

Me, I'll watch for it on Gibson Demo shop on Reverb and buy it. If I got a deal, I could live with that! But at full retail, I would definitely be mad!

DADDEO

Reaction score
I'm in the UK so wouldn't deal with Wildwood, but from what I've heard and read about them here you'd have thought that these issues, the nut especially, would have been flagged before sale.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I agree, I thought Wildwood was supposed to have one of the best set-up/inspection deals in the business ...

h4ck.b0x7

Reaction score
I'm in the UK so wouldn't deal with Wildwood, but from what I've heard and read about them here you'd have thought that these issues, the nut especially, would have been flagged before sale.
I agree, I thought Wildwood was supposed to have one of the best set-up/inspection deals in the business ...
I own multiple Custom Shop guitars (Fender and Gibson) that I have gotten from Wildwood and ALL of them have been spectacular.

I don’t really blame Wildwood, you can’t catch everything.

They have been extremely helpful in setting up the RMA with Gibson and contacting them so I didn’t have to.

pedecamp

Reaction score
I decided to send my Wildwood Select 50’s Les Paul Standard back to Gibson for a warranty issue.

The nut was cut uneven and WAY too low on the bass strings, that’s not a huge issue and could be fixed.

However, the bigger issue is the gouge they put in the fretboard when trimming the binding.

View attachment 530602 View attachment 530603
When did you get it? I'd just return it and get another one, thats not your problem.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
That’s not a gouge, it’s a file mark. But you knew that. There are always some file marks due to the way they do the binding. It’s a non issue as it doesn’t have any effect on playability.

h4ck.b0x7

Reaction score
Update:

Gibson has decided to repair it. I don’t know the exact details but I’m glad because the rest of the guitar is great!!

northernbreed

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they just send you a replacement. That would be a pretty difficult thing to repair.

Reactions: tzd

h4ck.b0x7

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they just send you a replacement. That would be a pretty difficult thing to repair.
I spoke with them. It has been marked for repair. I don’t have the final details but apparently they are going to repair it... I agree, seems difficult but I can think of a couple ways to do it.

ibzprestige

Reaction score
How long from them receiving your guitar did you have an answer on what they were doing with it?

h4ck.b0x7

Reaction score
Final update:

I received the guitar earlier this week and am astounded by their repair work.

I can’t even tell there was an issue with the fretboard or the binding and I know exactly what I’m looking for.

As for the nut, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a nicer nut than MAYBE on my R9.

Gibson Repair & Restoration has done a stellar job!!

Latest Threads