Wiggle Wang Whammy

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
A few years ago or so I decided I wanted at least one guitar with a vibrato setup. I bought a Squier VM Mustang. It was not the Jedi Wobble Master I was looking for. I traded it for a Squier VM Jazzmaster:

Then, this year I wanted to replace my long gone Hohner G3T Steinberger copy with the actual Chinese Steinberger Spirit. It has a wiggler, as well, but it wouldn't stay upright for the pic:

Finally, my poor old '13 Tribute. The bridge and tuners are original. Every other bit of trim and hardware has been replaced, the final bit being the Duesenberg Les Trem II that was installed at 3 AM this morning. I was putting off installing it, but I was awake, so... And the case still closes:

smk506

Reaction score
I’ve spent way more time without one than with one, but they are a lot of fun. I like strat units the best overall, 6 screw or 2 point doesn’t matter too much, but a nod to the later.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Duesenberg?
It was damn easy to install and string up (string through the peg hole first, then drop the ball end into the trem string slot) but I haven't played it yet (the 3 AM and wanting to go to bed thing.) It's a slick piece, though, and is very smooth. I don't know yet how stable the tuning is going to be.

NotScott

Reaction score
It was damn easy to install and string up (string through the peg hole first, then drop the ball end into the trem string slot) but I haven't played it yet (the 3 AM and wanting to go to bed thing.) It's a slick piece, though, and is very smooth. I don't know yet how stable the tuning is going to be.
Keep me posted. I was considering something like that for my V but I think this may fit better:

However, that price has me hesitant.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep me posted. I was considering something like that for my V but I think this may fit better:

However, that price has me hesitant.
Yeah, me too. The Les Trem was $130 CAD. Even a Bigsby setup with a Vibramate is like, $400 here. I was going for cheap and simple.

Aside from the complexity, a Floyd on an LP is just wrong :D

P-Nutz

Reaction score
Have always been a Bigsby fan, usually with a Vibramate. They're not always cheap, but I'm a "subtle shimmer" sorta guy, not dive-bomby like traditional Strat trems, Floyds or Kahlers, etc.

I was looking for a trem for my ES 137; a Bigsby would work, but a Vibramate won't fit, and I don't want a permanent mod, so I got a Duesenberg.

Holy Schneikes! Most easiest trem to install EVER! Works perfectly, and fits into the case perfectly. Like a Bigsby, it's not going into EVH territory, but it does what I need and stays in tune, although I did put on a roller bridge. Just ordered my second for a PRS Starla ...

endial

Reaction score
Nice wigglers!

My *presently* favorite guitar came with a Les Trem II installed. I love it. I think it does a fine job of keeping tune. That said, I'm getting to know it pretty well, and it does occasionally go out of tune, but no more than a typical Lester would after the same amount of bends and other abuses we put them through. No dive-bombing for me either, though. I'm just now, after a couple months ironing out the "touch" for subtle vibrato swings/nuances. These units are pretty tight. Also, I'm not huge on putting lubricants other than graphite on my nuts, but the tuner line on this guitar (Fret King Elise) is straight-on in-line over the nut and I'm going to start lubing it for "insurance" on an already well-performing unit. I would suggest that lubing yours might be prudent. There have not yet been any issues with the bridge on my guitar in regards to the LesTrem.

Looks great on that Tribute.

Tip: The handle has two grub screws. Tighten both after adjusting.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I always feel like something is missing when I play an electric guitar that doesn't have a wiggle stick.
That's why I only have one Lester, but three Strats.

I've had the white one a long time.....it's still my favorite.
The two point trem combined with the staggered locking Sperzels make it stay in tune exceptionally well.
I cover a lot of Jimi, Gilmour, and surf stuff , so whammys are a requirement.

Latest Threads