wife's 1 in 1 out policy resolved

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
Keep the money separate, as well as the bank accounts, maintain your financial obligations to shared expenses (house, mortgage, food, etc...) and let them do whatever the f*** they want with their leftover money, and let me do whatever the f*** I want to with mine. That's my policy. yes she bitches but I really don't GAF anymore, as I've got savings, and maintain my finances, so I don't see the problem.

budg

Reaction score
With wife number 1 I had 1 electric,1 amp and 1 acoustic. If I wanted another I would have to sell something. All the while she splurged on clothes,cruises and a car we had no business owning. I was the primary breadwinner too. Finally got enough nerve to do something about it, as costly as it was. Fast forward several years later and I am remained to a great woman, separate checking accounts,etc. you can see from my sig that I have a decent amount of guitars. My wife doesn't care as long as we can afford it , but we always talk about it first.i would never make a purchase like this without her ok. Likewise with her as well. Btw she bought the thin skin strat as a wedding gift to me.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
See I don't even discuss it with her until I tell her to expect a package and it shows up. :) She always wants to see it lol. I never buy if I don't have liquidity to do so. I do tell her what it cost and I'm always upfront about it, she knows I have excellent taste but also know I a frugal buyer and never over pay for anything. I buy high end stuff used and look for the best price possible. I never lose any money on stuff I let go.The last one I bought was a used 09 R7 that I paid $2050 for which is a real good price. I feel bad for whoever paid $4600 for it and left the tag in the case lol.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
The best way to deal with the wife in these issues is just to do what they do to us. Nag them silly about it until they eventually cave in and you get what you want. Believe it or not, women hate being nagged even more than us men, because they just aren't used to being nagged about things!
Never, ever try to use their tactics against them as you will be on their home turf playing their game. You will be destroyed.:wow::D

splatter

Reaction score
Agreed and totally understood. This is a pet peeve of mine. How many threads have you seen on this very forum with varying topics of "how to sneak one past the wife". These are grown men who child like lying to their spouse over something so trivial as a guitar purchase. I'm all for honesty and openness and that is how I roll and why I'm still married after 23 years....my wife doesn't get in my business and tell me what I can or cannot do. Then again, I'm responsible guy who always puts wife and kids before myself and I'm not buying guitars and bouncing mortgage checks :)
once again ^ this

I don't ask my wife for permission to do anything . I decide what I'm gonna do and inform her of it . Understand that I take care of my house first . In other words I pay the bills and mortgage etc. I'm not gonna spend a bundle on a guitar and let other things go . My wife knows this .

usually I will tell her what I'm doing and ask her thoughts . She always goes along with what I decide to do .

If your spouse dictates what you do with your money you need to grow a pair

sonar

Reaction score
Me: "Hey, I want to buy a guitar."

Her: "Okay."

Pretty simple.

This conversation is one of many reasons why I'd give up guitar for my wife. She doesn't see guitar as competition, but as a musician herself understands it's who I am. I'm not a project for her to mold. Warts and all, she accepts who I am. And for that I'll do anything for her.

I've had other woman in my life that probably would have bitched if I asked the same question, I just didn't marry any of them. And for those ladies I say, "F'em" and buy the guitar anyway.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The comparing of penises is getting a bit much in this thread.
I'm sure Babatube was joking as much as I was. As a general rule, if you see this: :laugh2:

It means the poster is just having a laugh. You seem a little tense, something you want to talk about?

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
bla bla bla you are the kind of men that end up with the worst kind of wives at the end.
i had a few "hero" friends like you.
they ended up being small fluffy puppies in the hands of their evil wife.

and the worst part they almost don't play guitar anymore:wow:

so beware...it'll happen to you:shock:
39 years old, a very happy social life, a great family and 6 figures in music gear. That'd have to be some fireside sale if this ever happens.

Latest Threads