wife's 1 in 1 out policy resolved

MiniB

Reaction score
Totally misinterpreted the thread title......a little disappointed.

Ansen

Reaction score
My wife treat me like a god; she totally ignore my existence, until she needs something..

Joke, i'm not married :laugh2:

Frogfur

Reaction score
Anyone who is so rigidly controlling in life is not worth it IMO. Not just due to the guitars, but the idea that one person should be dictating someone elses hobbies.
I think it fair to say that most women do not have hobbies that involve the kind of money it takes even to buy a used USA Gibson guitar much less more than one or two. That is a blanket statement folks, i know there are some out there [Jewelry..ring a bell?..]so on and so forth but on the average probably not.

So, it would be understandable that they may be able to talk about/request some sort of cooperation on such things and larger amounts of money going out the door.

Handbags and shoes don't, in my mind, again, on the average to guitar purchases. Now..I'm the king of my castle men..and i can stay under the
table for as long as i want to..!

Having said that..don't f*uk with my guitars! i can't afford anymore and i
really..really like the ones i have now that are paid for. fair enough??..

brianbzed

Reaction score
First wife let me buy 10 guitars over 25 years!:dude: She rocked but bit the big cookie back in '12. New wife to be loves my guitars and functions as a trainee roadie. Getting a second wife and more guitars won't be a problem for me, but I understand the "you have too many" thing. Best of luck in both wifey and new guitars!:dude::lol:

Tiboy

Reaction score
I am generally happy with my wife's one in one out policy. At least until she sets the metronome at 150/ minute or above.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
My problem is that it's a 1 in 1 in policy.

My better half plays too (quite well actually), but learned lefty. So it's double the number of guitars cause we can't share them. :laugh2:
Maybe you could teach her to play Albert King style?

jimmer_5

Reaction score

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So, where exactly is this cheap shoe shop? :hmm:

:D
31 W. 54th St
New York, NY 10019

I love the shoe argument. If your wife can afford 2600 shoes, it likely isn't going to be an issue buying your guitars.

Most people's wives don't spend that on shoes, yet they try to justify their 3k guitar by saying their wives bought some 200 dollar pair of shoes. Get your heads out of your asses...

She does not have a closet full of them, thank god. This was just an (over)indulgence for the sake of indulgence. But, shoes???? Really??? Ugh! :)

And no, she has no issues with whatever I buy.

Wow! They must be some nice shoes.
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for shoes, even if I got to keep the runway model who sold them to me. Woman's shoes are the biggest waste of money in life. Sadly, I cannot use the question, "Just how many fvcking pairs of shoes do you need, woman???" - for obvious reasons, all of which are in cases or on stands :)

sonar

Reaction score
I've only known two women that I would pick over guitar.

One gave birth to me and the other I married.

Liquid State

Reaction score
hmmm - I think I read this wrong originally. I thought the OP meant he solved the 1 in, 1 out policy of the old wife by getting a younger model, i.e., new wife. I guess I read it that way as that is how I would resolve the problem....

DHC

Reaction score
Guitars are (significantly) cheaper than mistresses. So there.

Latest Threads