wife's 1 in 1 out policy resolved

randelli

Reaction score
I have been told that the secret to a long and happy marriage is to marry your second wife first.

azzapeel

Reaction score
The wifes 1 in 1 out policy,,,,,, does that policy also apply for her new shoes or handbags?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My wife has $2600 Manolo Blahnik shoes.

ARandall

Reaction score
Anyone who is so rigidly controlling in life is not worth it IMO. Not just due to the guitars, but the idea that one person should be dictating someone elses hobbies.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
^ in all fairness, 2 / 10 members here would chose buying a new guitar over putting food on the table. :laugh2:

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
My wife doesn't set my guitar buying/owning/playing policies and she's not the boss of me which is why we're still together 23 years later lol

tenchijin2

Reaction score
Just to throw a little cold water, statistically your second marriage is more likely to end in divorce than your first (at least in the US). So marrying your second wife first won't help :)

DADGAD

Reaction score
If you go down more you can have all the guitars you want.:dude:

sonar

Reaction score
Just to throw a little cold water, statistically your second marriage is more likely to end in divorce than your first (at least in the US). So marrying your second wife first won't help :)
Care to explain the math on this one? Assuming you need to divorce the first wife before you marry the second wife and all that.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Care to explain the math on this one? Assuming you need to divorce the first wife before you marry the second wife and all that.
I'll use made up figures to explain the math.

Let's say 50% of first marriages end in divorce. The figures are that a higher number, say 70% of second marriages end in divorce.

In other words, second marriages are more likely to end in divorce than first marriages. Not as an absolute number of all people who marry, but as a proportion of people who marry only one person as opposed to those who also marry a second.

If I recall correctly, the figures also suggest (again, can't remember actual figures) that second marriages, if they end, tend to end a lot quicker than first marriages. This is assumed to be because on the second marriage, people know the signs of what is not going to work in a relationship for them, so recognise the fact sooner, and also are less inclined to persevere if they think the whole thing is headed for the sh1tter anyhow.

Having said that, I think that a practice marriage is a great idea. It gives you a taste of what marriage is like and gives you experience about what you need to know and what is likely to work for you.

My first marriage lasted less than 5 years. My current marriage is 20 years and still going strong!

cheers

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is so rigidly controlling in life is not worth it IMO. Not just due to the guitars, but the idea that one person should be dictating someone elses hobbies.
And that would be the wimpy mans (or womans) fault for allowing that.

JMB1984

Premium Member
Reaction score
My problem is that it's a 1 in 1 in policy.

My better half plays too (quite well actually), but learned lefty. So it's double the number of guitars cause we can't share them. :laugh2:

Latest Threads