Why would these Two new R8 are £200 apart in price?

Raymond Lin

Reaction score
They both made in 2013, they are both R8, both very very close in weight. They are both VOS.

The only difference I can see is one is a Iced Tea and the more expensive one is Sunrise Tea Burst.

Is it normal for the same guitar in different colours for sale for different prices?

Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Reissue VOS Iced Tea #831920 (LPR83VOITNH1) » World Guitars, Amps & Accessories

kxDIWIE.png

and

Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Reissue VOS Sunrise Tea Burst #84659 (LPR84VOSTBNH1) » World Guitars, Amps & Accessories

ssV59nC.png

mfolet

Reaction score
The 2nd one is a 2014 not a 2013 like the first one

joff

Reaction score
2014 has Hide Glue to stick the fretboard down...i much prefer the look of that 2013. :)

jamman

Reaction score
Not really any different, Hyde glue for the fret board, from all I've seen as been listed only for special runs . Gibson has never posted it was done as an upgrade for the 2014 specs . If they have please post the link .Presume nothing .

suedehead

Reaction score
Not really any different, Hyde glue for the fret board, from all I've seen as been listed only for special runs . Gibson has never posted it was done as an upgrade for the 2014 specs . If they have please post the link .Presume nothing .

"In addition to these classic ingredients, the 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue also benefits from Gibson Custom’s 20th Anniversary Specifications, newly adopted for 2013. These include a one-piece rosewood fingerboard, Kluson™ Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, new Custom Buckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye beneath its nitrocellulose lacquer finish."

2014 R8 page Gibson.com: Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue

Nik73

Reaction score
I had my eye on both of those guitars when I was shopping for an R8. They both made my final 3, but were the opposite end of the country and I fell in love with the one I played in my local shop.

FWIW I prefer the '13 model. Both beautiful guitars though.

Raymond Lin

Reaction score
I had my eye on both of those guitars when I was shopping for an R8. They both made my final 3, but were the opposite end of the country and I fell in love with the one I played in my local shop.

FWIW I prefer the '13 model. Both beautiful guitars though.

WG is 1 hour's drive from my house, it's where I got my Class 5 from. Lovely shop.

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
world guitars is brilliant and i like Jeff. traded for my masterbuilt strat there

Andy1966

Reaction score
WG is 1 hour's drive from my house, it's where I got my Class 5 from. Lovely shop.

world guitars is brilliant and i like Jeff. traded for my masterbuilt strat there

fantastic shop...I bought my Frank Hartung Junico from there and was worth the 5 hour round trip to pick it up...Jeff offered us tea as soon as we got there and him and his staff were superb....a great guitar shop :thumb:

jamman

Reaction score
"In addition to these classic ingredients, the 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue also benefits from Gibson Custom’s 20th Anniversary Specifications, newly adopted for 2013. These include a one-piece rosewood fingerboard, Kluson™ Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, new Custom Buckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye beneath its nitrocellulose lacquer finish."

2014 R8 page Gibson.com: Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue

Please explain as the link you posted only have 2013 Spec listed . Unless I'm not understanding what your trying to say :hmm:
Gibson has not posted 2014 LP Spec's .IMO ,They left the 2013 Spec's in place as to not have to update the Web-site . No where in the link does it state Hyde glue is used for the Fret Board. If I missed it please correct me . I can post links to Dealers sites where Special run guitars are listed as having Hyde glued fret boards
Here just a sample of unsold waiting for a home :
Gibson Custom Shop Benchmark Collection 2014 Limited Run Hand-Picked Figured 1960 Les Paul Chambered | Rainbow Guitars

Gibson Custom Shop Benchmark Collection 2014 Limited Run Hand-Picked Figured 1959 Les Paul Chambered | Rainbow Guitars

Gibson Custom Shop Benchmark Collection 2014 Limited Run Hand-Picked Figured 1960 Les Paul Chambered | Rainbow Guitars

I've seen more at WW and not just LP's(I recall a few SG's too) but they are no longer listed . I imagine ...sold .all were benchmark guitars

Since Gibson understands Hyde-glue is a Catch word , I'm sure they would let every dealer include it in their Description to help sell guitars faster . :shock:

Latest Threads