Why Shouldn't I Buy A Chinese Made Guitar?

loneguitar

Reaction score
Chinese, Jap, Korean etc. IMO is junk, I buy only American !!!!!

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not all rednecks are racists. I'm a redneck. If I'm a racist I'd like to see the evidence. Namecalling is fun but not particularly accurate.

Torren61

Reaction score
Yes, but it's easier than formulating an intelligent response. I only wish I had been more disciplined in my own responses. Maybe there would have been less name calling and more constructive debating. My bad.

Torren61

Reaction score
Y'know, if you read between all the insults (including my own) you'll see great points made by guys on either side of the topic.

chazza

Reaction score
If a company can cut its costs by offshoring production to a country with lower labour costs, it will.
It will all change when oil / energy prices rise high enough to make it more expensive to ship goods across the pacific than to pay workers in the US (or Mexico, more likely) to do the work.

marantz1300

Reaction score
I have a MIJ Fender. Its great.I also have a Gibson and a Musicman.They're ALL foreign to me.

wumms

Reaction score
Man you're totally right... some say this way of thinking is rassism, I call it the truth :D

Before saying "I can't afford an american made guitar" I say SAVE!! Before buying crap put the money aside and get a good axe...

NewtoyLPVM

Reaction score
Not all rednecks are racists. I'm a redneck. If I'm a racist I'd like to see the evidence. Namecalling is fun but not particularly accurate.
Kernel,

Nowhere I said that all Rednecks are racist. I called him a racist redneck. I have a lot of redneck friends and they are not racists or they will not be my friends. ALTHOUGH I DO NOT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO BUY AMERICAN, I BUY AMERICAN WHENEVER I CAN. I think the OP's real agenda is not “Be American, buy American” but rather “Be white and buy products from predominantly anglo-saxon countries.”

gui524

Reaction score
Sad. I started a thread to get guys to think about where things are made and to get Americans to buy more American made products. I made statements and backed them up with facts. I listed the countries that I buy from based on their fair trading policies and friendships with my country. Next thing you know I'm being called a racist.

Anyone remember the Boston Tea Party? Remember WHY they threw the tea overboard? Were they racists because they dressed up like Native American Indians? I call them Patriots as do the history books.

I'm a Patriot not a racist. We have a problem in America that can be solved by Americans. I love this country. We have gone astray. Do your part to help bring us back to where we need to be.

Be American, buy American.

Putting aside our problems, just a curiosity ... do all your clothers, electronics, sneakers, utilities, tools, cars, etc are made in the USA ??

Raku10

Reaction score
Be American, buy American.

Yep, buy American, the Chinese just bought Hummer. LOL, Americans are buying cheap Chinese products, and the Chinese are buying your American companies and techs. I guess the Chinese are being patriotic Americans by your definition...

NewtoyLPVM

Reaction score
Putting aside our problems, just a curiosity ... do all your clothers, electronics, sneakers, utilities, tools, cars, etc are made in the USA ??
If that's all he buys, he does not have that many then. :lol:

Are you kidding, the OP probably doesn't even know how to read the labels.

River

Reaction score
I just went and checked my Carhartts - best work/casual clothing I've ever been able to afford.

Made in the Phillipines.

NewtoyLPVM

Reaction score
I just went and checked my Carhartts - best work/casual clothing I've ever been able to afford.

Made in the Phillipines.
Blasphemy!! Now the OP will be very depressed.

OP, you better tear down your pick-me-up to check if everything is made in the U.S.A.

Torren61

Reaction score
You keep saying what I probably think, what I probably buy, who I probably hate...I think you're projecting. I offered you a challenge to quote anything I've EVER said that was racist and you did not accept my challenge. It's the few like you who have twisted this thread into something that it isn't by your own hateful messages.

You attempt to denegrade me by calling me a racist (which you couldn't offer any example) and a redneck and then you say that you have plenty of redneck friends.

Looks like a Freudian slip.

Torren61

Reaction score
Fyi, I already explained my methods of selecting my purchases and I practice what I preach. I prefer to do business with countries that trade fairly with my country.

Latest Threads