Why not to use Itunes...(a must read for recording guys)

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
iTunes never deletes any local files. Ever.
That article was ridiculous.

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I read it, Apple Music was the culprit.

rxbandit

Reaction score
iTunes never deletes any local files. Ever.
That article was ridiculous.

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it's not true. It's a well documented occurrence with many many examples

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
itunes, facebook, google...just to name a few.

Big brother is here. And soon you will all agree that 2+2=5

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
No matter what way you look at it, ~110Mb is outrageous for what is essentially a media player... who knows what's going on "under the hood". It's way too invasive.

I lost my trust in it long ago, I wouldn't grace my PC with it's presence (I've actually ditched my iPod's altogether because of it). My wife feels the same way too, and she was a big fan of it (seriously BIG fan), but no longer uses it mainly because it's library system is horrendous, especially when attempting to backup or restore libraries.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I did not read the OP - my short answer is: Because it is an Apple product and I just avoid that like the plague :laugh2:

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even use iTunes on my Macs. All important files are backed up nightly to a NAS on my internal network. No cloud storage.

truckermde

Reaction score
No surprise there.

I've always said Apple is sh!t, and I won't touch anything they have anything to do with.

Glad to see their stocks are tanking. Can't wait till they're gone!!

wizard1183

Reaction score
No surprise there.

I've always said Apple is sh!t, and I won't touch anything they have anything to do with.

Really? Hard to imagine the most lucrative company in the world is going to 0. They're not going to tank. Apple isn't sh!t by any means. Id never even think of going back to a PC.

Howard2k

Reaction score
They ARE ****, there are a bunch of people who evidently don't know how to use their products, or don't even use them at all, who can confirm it in this very thread!

foxtrot

Reaction score
No matter what way you look at it, ~110Mb is outrageous for what is essentially a media player... who knows what's going on "under the hood". It's way too invasive.

That isn't that large, especially in terms of today's program sizes. VLC is just under ~120mb on my computer (of course, iTunes is ~320mb, so a bit larger than whenever you last had it I guess). I don't know that there's a reason for either of them to be that large though, especially VLC. Ya, modern apps do a lot and graphics/interfaces are fancier and higher res and stuff, but I think part of the problem with current programs is that a lot of programmers/companies don't really worry about HDD space as much as they used to.

Howard2k

Reaction score
iTunes isn't just a media player. For those who have iPhones, iPads, iPods etc., it also takes care of the interface with those devices.

I'm not saying it's NOT bloatware, I'm just saying it's not just a media player.

It is due for an overhaul though.

lancpudn

Reaction score
No surprise there.

The only connection I've ever had with apple is a couple of lb of cox's orange pippins apples I buy every week from the fruit market.

wizard1183

Reaction score
They ARE ****, there are a bunch of people who evidently don't know how to use their products, or don't even use them at all, who can confirm it in this very thread!

Im not getting into a match about what's better or not. But Just because the stock fell? Doesn't mean products are crap. A lot of that is due to ppl not upgrading their phones every year like samdung phones. There's ppl still using iPhone 4s. I guess that's cause they're crap right? iTunes does need an overhaul I agree. But as far as computing goes? Mac takes out the competition...

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my iPhone is the worst cell phone I've ever owned. And I've owned at least 10.

it does stupid things,..the volume/ringer has never worked right despite updates.

It only makes a sound for texts/calls about a quarter of the time. I have to check the phone every hour to see if someone's called or texted,..even though it's right next to me and the volume is maxed.

the updates half the time screw something up. Then they update to try and fix the previous update. :rolleyes:

apps disappear. (how is that even possible if Apple never deletes your stuff?)

...though I've had Galaxy's do that too. Suddenly your App icon is missing or ghost looking and when you click on it it says the App can't be found.

Cell phones suck.

But my past year using an Apple iPhone has sucked way worse then any cell phone I ever used before.

And the interface is bland and ugly.

Computers are computers,...PC,...Mac,...who cares. They all suck. :laugh2:

PC's just suck, less.

TheX

Mister Jim
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mac or PC? Both, and Linux too. That's like asking Fender or Gibson?

geddy

Reaction score
How could you not know iTunes is ****?

The only time I've been near it or an apple device is to fix the mess it's made of the music libraries on my families devices. My other half who is an apple apologist is increasingly complaining about it. She gets the 'i told you so ' rant ☺

JimmyT

Reaction score
Mac or PC? Both, and Linux too. That's like asking Fender or Gibson?

Yeah, I use all three. I only use my Mac for media and web browsing now (and that's only because it has a nice, 27" screen), the UI is too restricted and clunky. If I need to actually get some work done then it's windows or Linux. (I actually find myself doing most stuff through the terminal on the Mac because OSX's interface is so unpleasant).

wizard1183

Reaction score
I never had problems. I will say this. I NEVER update my phone and iPhone 5S was crap as well as iphone5C? Id have kept my iPhone 5 had the part beneath the power button not slip out and I couldn't hard boot the phone or power it off. But I've never gotten S series iPhones. Those are junk imo.

Kashmir

Reaction score
my iPhone is the worst cell phone I've ever owned. And I've owned at least 10.

it does stupid things,..the volume/ringer has never worked right despite updates.

It only makes a sound for texts/calls about a quarter of the time. I have to check the phone every hour to see if someone's called or texted,..even though it's right next to me and the volume is maxed.

the updates half the time screw something up. Then they update to try and fix the previous update. :rolleyes:

apps disappear. (how is that even possible if Apple never deletes your stuff?)

...though I've had Galaxy's do that too. Suddenly your App icon is missing or ghost looking and when you click on it it says the App can't be found.

Cell phones suck.

But my past year using an Apple iPhone has sucked way worse then any cell phone I ever used before.

And the interface is bland and ugly.

Computers are computers,...PC,...Mac,...who cares. They all suck. :laugh2:

PC's just suck, less.

That's too bad. I bought an iPhone 6 about a year ago, my first smart phone. I haven't had an issue with it whatsoever. It works perfectly. I haven't had a problem with any of my pcs either, that is since leaving Windows 95 anyway. Win95 was a total nightmare.

Latest Threads