Why is GarageBand reverb the best sounding that I’ve heard?

JMP

Reaction score
Gotcha! I’m using GB on an old MacBook Pro, using my tube amp, a loadbox, a cab sim pedal and a Presonus interface. Even with this long path, I hit a string and I hear it in the headphones at the same time. If there’s a lag, I can’t perceive it, even with my very simple recordings.

Also, I’m the OP and dammit, this is MLP! Derail to your hearts content on ‘my’ threads!
Ha! Thank you. At the end of the day, I’m more of an analog type of person. Maybe I’ll explore GB at a later date.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Yes ... he is
58338196.jpg

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Are you referring to the master reverb in the track, the ones available in the "Reverb" module or reverb effects on the Pedalboard module?
Just the master in the track...I know about the pedal sims, but please elaborate on the module.:hmm:

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Cakewalk (free) includes BREVERB by Overloud. Sounds great with maybe a hundred or so customizable presets.

As a side note, Overloud TH-U is an awesome natural sounding amp/cab/effects package for your DAW. This is an upgrade from their earlier more basic version TH3 which is included in Cakewalk as well.

I've also discovered that for direct recording, a Focusrite Scarlett isnt really essential. My "interface" lol is a Roland Microcube - JC Clean setting (dry signal) direct into the DAW via the phones/line out jack.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've also discovered that for direct recording, a Focusrite Scarlett isnt really essential. My "interface" lol is a Roland Microcube - JC Clean setting (dry signal) direct into the DAW via the phones/line out jack.

Maybe not necessarily a focusrite, but there has to be some kind of interface if you're sending an analogue phones/line out signal.

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Maybe not necessarily a focusrite, but there has to be some kind of interface if you're sending an analogue phones/line out signal.
The signal is on a cable from the line out of the Microcube directly into the line in on my laptop.

murmel

Reaction score
Visually Garage Band is a beginners DAW, but the technology underneath is from Logic, which is definitely in the professional league. When it comes to reverbs I really like the Strymon pedals, Big Sky and Night Sky. As a plugin I also like Raum from Native Instruments.

Latest Threads