Why I'm playing more and reading MLP posts less.

Biddlin

Reaction score
Yesterday's visit by a quickly banned troll sort of crystallised something that bugs me about this site, more so than other guitar fora . It's the epidemic of trolls and butthurt posters . I'm not talking about someone who buy's a lemon, posts a thread, gets sympathy and advice, returns the axe and thanks everyone for the support, that's one of the best functions these sites serve. I'm talking about the over-privileged, graceless whiners and blatherskites who post a thread pretending to seek advice, opinion or posit a theory, only to excoriate those who respectfully respond . The fact that "moderators" on this site seldom actually moderate, only threaten and ban, is not conducive to the respectful give and take that they claim to desire . My very comment on them may cause my ban, while offensive, threatening and even seditious posts go unattended.
I enjoy the rowdy give and take and the wit and considerable wisdom of some members, but the rude, inane behaviour of others, unabated and sometimes encouraged by the so-called mods, is occupying more and more space on this forum. I will still log on occasionally, until July the foruth, to read butthurt Greg's Pennsylvania backpedal, but I'll spend more time in my studio and less in this fetid forum .

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No matter where you go or what you do, there will always be the "professional butthurt", determined to get mad and whine and be offended by anything and everything. There will always be the troll who gets through the day by fvcking with someone.

That's just life. Get over it.

Chicago John

Reaction score
If someone posts for help, then people help, then the OP attacks the helpers, he will generally be pissed on from all quarters, sort of turns into a baby zebra getting lost in a hyena neighborhood situation. That just doesn't happen too much because it self corrects, if you know what I mean...

Biddlin

Reaction score
No matter where you go or what you do, there will always be the "professional butthurt", determined to get mad and whine and be offended by anything and everything. There will always be the troll who gets through the day by fvcking with someone.

That's just life. Get over it.
Absolutely. I'm just gonna stay further away from it, just in case it's contagious .:laugh2:
Really the response of "Good job piling on..." set me off more than the short lived numpty that stirred the pot in the first place.:lol:

So What

Reaction score
Well, I couldn't stay away....

I agree with the OP that there seem to be quite a few first posts that clearly are intended to cause controversy.

I have never been a Moderator, so I will not comment on the job done by the MLP Mods, since I don't know a darn thing about it.

I will say that I have seen waaayyyy too many newbs trying to get help, and the usual handful of smart asses, who think they are the essence of MLP, jump on the newb for asking a basic question.

I think this should be addressed, along with the Troll posting.

I do not believe that every newb should be required to research his topic and study up on all previous posts, prior to asking his question.

This response to newbs really pisses me off, and I believe potentially hurts the forum.

Why would they stick around if they get a verbal lashing every time they post a question.

And the ones that do hang around, turn out to be just as bad as, the ones who harassed them when they were new.

It's like Junior High School here at times.

my 2 cents....

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
I believe your thread title is excellent advice, and if taken would benefit the majority of posters here.

But your actual post sounds like another butthurt poster. :cool:

Eric Smith

Reaction score
As the saying goes with these folks, obvious trolls are obvious. I do sometimes wonder if people come on and unintentionally their attitude about their particular situation shines through or maybe their know-it-allness get piqed and they proceed to mutate into troll mode and not even know it. Either way, it invites troll hunters.

I haven't seen a troll in awhile, but that might be because I haven't been scouring EVERY thread as much anymore. Where are all of the good perminant trolls? I miss you Jim. ;)

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
The OP in the thread in question asked some advice then proceeded to attack every other poster in the thread, declared war on one, and decided to tell people whether or not they were allowed to participate in a thread. Because of that he was like chum to sharks. But he was banned so I think the Mod who jumped into the thread got it right in the end.

Hack

Reaction score
Well, before you go Biddlin, can you please post a couple pics of the guitar youre playing in you avi?

kfowler8

Reaction score
I actually find this site to be fairly well moderated compared to others. It's not Harmony Central at least.

Biddlin

Reaction score
Well, before you go Biddlin, can you please post a couple pics of the guitar youre playing in you avi?
I'll try to find some . It's a 59 ri that was purchased damaged off of Ebay by one of my skilled former co-workers, who rebuilt and gave to me as a retirement gift . It is lovely to look at and sounds great, but I haven't found the magic in it yet. Frankly the Burst Buckers don't do much for me, but when my son plays it they come alive .

Biddlin

Reaction score
The OP in the thread in question asked some advice then proceeded to attack every other poster in the thread, declared war on one, and decided to tell people whether or not they were allowed to participate in a thread. Because of that he was like chum to sharks. But he was banned so I think the Mod who jumped into the thread got it right in the end.
Yeah, but wouldn't it have been more," moderate " and instructive if he had Gibbs' slapped the OP sooner ?

12watt

Reaction score
It is lovely to look at and sounds great, but I haven't found the magic in it yet. Frankly the Burst Buckers don't do much for me, but when my son plays it they come alive .

Tone is in the fingers... get new fingers.

DHBucker

Reaction score
"What's a blatherskite Walter?"

images

Latest Threads