Why fraud threads should be allowed. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notoperational

Reaction score
If he put half the amount of work he did in the fraud into a side job, he could afford the guitar.

+1

I earn everything I have. And granted, I don't anything super exotic... I am proud to say everything I have (and have had) I paid for myself at the ripe age of 21-23 years old (Orange 4x12, Orange Rocker 30, Rockerverb 50 (x2 LOL), Bogner Shiva, Tele Deluxe, tons of pedals, etc). Including my other expensive hobby... Subarus ha.

brett, i think your too close to the whole situation to be objective.
let it go on here.
why don't you just go to the address you shipped it to. instead of trying to convince anyone here your right or the rules suck.
sorry you got screwed but maybe youll learn from it and be better off next time.
and i'm sure he can post all he wants without your advise, don't ya thimk?

Regardless of MY situation, this thread isn't about my fraud. It is about fraud in general and the reality that it takes place on MLP and a blind-eye is put forth towards it.

This isn't the USA... This is MLP. You don't have the same rights you do. What about members from other countries? If the rules are the forum are that you can't say anything about moderators, then you must obey them, or you will get kicked out. You agreed to these rules when you signed up. Thus you must follow them, or be kicked out at the mods or owners discretion.

Ok, kick me out then. If I am breaking all these precious rules then ban me and be done with it. I never said the punishment of my thread being deleted wasn't fair or right.

However, I am saying that something should be implemented to protect the MLP community. You can either agree with that or not. This is what this thread is about.

ok, but did you guys not ship him the guitar before you had the money in hand?
glad your not stuck with the bill.

Ok, let me say this for the 10,000th time!!! We called a number for what we thought was Bank of America to verify it (to make sure it was ok). The guy bought a 1-800 number that wasn't really BOA. We called and "verified it" through the fake number and got taken advantage of.

*insert stupid/random b/s here*

I'm not going to sit here and justify myself or Eddie's to you any further. You seem to know an awful lot about me and its really weird and beyond my comprehension. Have fun being a stalker.

For the record, when I made that post in regards to the guy on Rig-Talk, he was making insane claims... Saying that we had fake merchandise in the store and straight lies about me and my policy. No begging was done or necessary, but I figured if he is going to make claims, then I (rather my Eddie's customers if you seen the thread, even before I suggested people take a look) will set the story straight.

notoperational

Reaction score
Please remember the moral of this thread...

I am saying that something should be implemented to protect the MLP community. You can either agree with that or not. This is what this thread is about.

zplapplap

Reaction score
This forum is not unique in the 'no grievance' policy. It comes down to a couple of issues:

1. The fact is we're only going to get one side of the story and while it may appear to be a cut & dried, slam dunk case to you and everybody else who reads it we're still getting only one side of the story.

2. The litigious nature of our society makes it too easy to draw the owner of this forum into the fight simply because it was used to make the story public. There's a huge ri$k and very little upside.

This is how I see it and, like BillB, I can understand the reluctance of the forum to allow publication of names on its servers. That said, I think threads like Brett's are helpful.

I wonder if using a username could identify the member without exposing anybody to a defamation action? It's not research I have the time to do.

notoperational

Reaction score
This is how I see it and, like BillB, I can understand the reluctance of the forum to allow publication of names on its servers. That said, I think threads like Brett's are helpful.

I wonder if using a username could identify the member without exposing anybody to a defamation action? It's not research I have the time to do.

Who knows, but in the situation that somebody else ends up in a similar pickle in the future, we should try and think of an acceptable way to make it known that this guy is not an honest person to deal with.

Believe it or not, my thread saved another company (not even in the music industry mind) upwards of $7,000...

Lungo

Reaction score
Please remember the moral of this thread...

I am saying that something should be implemented to protect the MLP community. You can either agree with that or not. This is what this thread is about.

It's hard not to think the moral of the story here is: you breaking a few rules, getting threads deleted, and coming back to complain about it.

Something may need to be implemented to stop what happened to Eddie's or what Dubya Bee did. I don't think you'll get many arguements against that. If you want to do something to help out the community maybe you could ask a mod to delete this thread and start over.

notoperational

Reaction score
It's hard not to think the moral of the story here is: you breaking a few rules, getting threads deleted, and coming back to complain about it.

Something may need to be implemented to stop what happened to Eddie's or what Dubya Bee did. I don't think you'll get many arguements against that. If you want to do something to help out the community maybe you could ask a mod to delete this thread and start over.

Or not. I could care less that it was deleted, I have better things to worry about. I am just saying, that the thread DID help another company and maybe we should think about the way that things are handled.

It's stupid people making stupid comments and not educating themselves on the reality of the situations around them that makes bad situations like worse.

Have a nice day.

cuthbertg

Banned
Reaction score
Or not. I could care less that it was deleted, I have better things to worry about. I am just saying, that the thread DID help another company and maybe we should think about the way that things are handled.

It's stupid people making stupid comments and not educating themselves on the reality of the situations around them that makes bad situations like worse.

Have a nice day.

:hmm:

1) Looks like a freudian slip

2) I don't think that you are in any position to be calling anyone stupid.....

A quick internet search would have given you the correct number for the BOA

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
And in reference to my post about a (previous) mod... It's against the rules to make a thread about somebody doing wrong things because they are a moderator? This isn't a dictatorship, this is the United States of America. I was born on American soil, and therefore I have a right to speak my mind about things.

Oh good Lord. This is a private website so the owner can make whatever rules he wants.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
3192526-man-eating-popcorn-while-watching-movie.jpg

Damn, I snarfed my coffee when I saw that.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Brett, I'm not against you in any means, but just be aware that there are rules in place. Also I do agree there should be something in place so people know who not to deal with.

Lungo

Reaction score
I could care less that it was deleted, I have better things to worry about.

I would believe you if your first sentence on page one wasn't:

OK, so some of you may have seen a thread of mine that was deleted a few days ago in regards to use losing a 57' Goldtop due to a fraudulent buyer.

I know you're pissed off right now, and I'm sorry more people aren't rallying to your defense. I'm not looking for a pissing contest here. You seem like a cool enough guy. With that in mind, I'm suggesting that you concentrate on making suggestions to improve the community if that's what you're after instead of posting rants about moderators and complaining about threads getting deleted.

notoperational

Reaction score
:hmm:

1) Looks like a freudian slip

2) I don't think that you are in any position to be calling anyone stupid.....

A quick internet search would have given you the correct number for the BOA

I don't think you are in the position to tell me who you think I am in the position to call stupid. Touche.

Again, it was a fraudulent cashiers check. We usually don't have to go to such extreme measures to make sure. From here on out, obviously we will. It looked right as rain to myself, and the manager.

YET AGAIN, this is not to discuss the fraud that happened at Eddie's, but ways to prevent it elsewhere. Discuss that or GTFO. :)

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
at the ripe age of 21-23 years old

Ok, kick me out then. If I am breaking all these precious rules then ban me and be done with it.

Anyone else see a direct correlation between those two quotations?

This is what this thread is about.

What this thread seems to be about is your determination to make your point despite already having other threads on this topic nuked.

Ok, let me say this for the 10,000th time!!! We called a number for what we thought was Bank of America to verify it (to make sure it was ok). The guy bought a 1-800 number that wasn't really BOA. We called and "verified it" through the fake number and got taken advantage of.

Maybe you should've taken ten seconds to make sure you were calling a real BOA phone number. Seriously, how hard could that have been when you can Google that info in seconds.

And that still doesn't change the fact that an item was shipped before funds were confirmed as being received.

I'm not going to sit here and justify myself or Eddie's to you any further. You seem to know an awful lot about me and its really weird and beyond my comprehension. Have fun being a stalker.

So Harm is a stalker? I ****ing knew it!!!!!! Sorry Harm, you've been outed now.

notoperational

Reaction score
I would believe you if your first sentence on page one wasn't:

Understandable, but I did not post that to discuss it.

So either discuss ways to fix, or leave the thread. (Not implying you are, but there are people who are) If you want to be a smart ass and point out and make it sound like I was, take it elsewhere.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Or not. I could care less that it was deleted,

Don't you mean 'you couldn't care less'?

I have better things to worry about.

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

It's stupid people making stupid comments and not educating themselves on the reality of the situations around them

Speaking as an expert are we?

bfcg

Reaction score
I like the rules the way they are, it is protection for the seller. Some dipshit that has an agenda could easily wreck a sellers reputation just for kicks if these rules were not enforced.
It is true that extra steps must be taken by sellers to ensure that they are not being scammed and this could be an inconvenience but it is the price for security.
Fraudsters are getting very good at what they do but it is up to the seller to screen their customers.
If there is a sticky created for exposing frauds, it should be a thread that explain just the techniques that were used so that sellers and buyers can be kept up to date on the latest scams without having to learn the hard way.

Rang Rang

Reaction score
It's stupid people making stupid comments and not educating themselves on the reality of the situations around them that makes bad situations like this happen again.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

The lights need to be turned on around this place. The membership here deserves a better response than "those are the rules follow them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads