Why fraud threads should be allowed. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notoperational

Reaction score
Absolutely agreed. Is Harmony a Mod now?

Wouldn't surprise me :laugh2:

Brett, first you did a thread about your fraud case giving a name.
I sympathize with you but it is against the rules.
The thread got dumped.

Then you make a thread outing a Moderator with insults. Now regardless of the fact that you didn't realize the Mod was no longer here, you still did it. Again against the rules.

Then you open this thread, mentioning the old thread that was dumped. Again against the rules.

As members, we are not allowed to speak of bad deals, outing Moderators, or discussing old threads that were dumped, without warnings or being banned.

You know full well how members feels about bad deals, I don't remember you participating much when it was about other Sponsors/vendors etc whether a victim or the bad guy.

Now it is Eddies, you want to be heard regardless of rules.
Many members here have been ripped off by someone, but cannot speak up,for reasons mentioned above.

Why do you know everything I have done on here in the past 2 days? Do you sit on a computer all day in the back-stage of MLP and take notes? Do you have a wife? Kids? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? You have a problem and you are about to end up on my block list. What I do, does not effect you in the slightest. Stop being a creep, get off of the internet and get a life.

And in reference to my post about a (previous) mod... It's against the rules to make a thread about somebody doing wrong things because they are a moderator? This isn't a dictatorship, this is the United States of America. I was born on American soil, and therefore I have a right to speak my mind about things. Granted, I am a humble, reserved person most of the time... But, when I have been treated poorly on several occasions, I am going to say something. OBVIOUSLY, I am not the only one as he has been stripped of his moderator title and powers.

If I had herd about another BUSINESS dealing with fraud, I certainly would of taken a look at it and made a personal note. Just because I don't have the time to chime into everybodies thread doesn't mean that I am oblivious to what goes on around MLP. However, I do have things that require attention (like, my job, life, etc) that stop me from taking the time out of my day to post. I post on here when I have free-time. I do not have the time to spend all day on here and take notes of what other members are doing like you are apparently doing.

Posting on forums should be done in moderation my friend.

cuthbertg

Banned
Reaction score
Why would it be a problem to shed light on vendors or sponsors when deals go badly?

Keeping bad deals in the dark and not letting people know what is going on is what made the WB saga that much more traumatic.

I agree with Brett. I'd love to see SOMETHING in place that helps keep members here from being screwed.

There is that itrader feedback thingy.......

wasn't that put in as a result of the WB saga (not that I was around then)

singlecut

Reaction score
Why would it be a problem to shed light on vendors or sponsors when deals go badly?

Keeping bad deals in the dark and not letting people know what is going on is what made the WB saga that much more traumatic.

I agree with Brett. I'd love to see SOMETHING in place that helps keep members here from being screwed.

agreed, but the powers that be don't think so.
because it's not about us the members , it's about the $.
it just is what it is.

kevinh

Reaction score

Doesn't work when the deal is through the buyer and Eddie's Guitars

Engel

Reaction score
I guess it's good thing that you did make that post and saved the other business from getting ripped off by the same individual. But if it's against the rules, then maybe it could have been worded differently:

"there is an MLP member here who has ripped off such and such business. I will not name them since it is against the rules but if you have a business and are concerned PM me for the persons name"...

The more politically correct way might not have saved the other business though. I don't like it. I think we should be able to point out thieves and do the public executions etc but rules is rules.

notoperational

Reaction score
maybe eddie is taking the hit out of bretts check.
i mean how hard is it to hold the guitar untill the money is in hand.
this guy could be a crook, but it sounds like he's smart enuff to pull the wool over someones eyes.or take advantage of poor business pratices

It is not coming out of my check... I'm sorry, but THAT would be bad business practice. You can't punish me for doing my job, especially when they are the ones that checked the cashiers check out. I would be long gone if they tried to do something like that.

If you want to know just HOW good this guy was? Bank of America said this was the best fraud they have ever seen. He purchased a 1-800 number for verification, the cashiers check had the water mark... And top of that, his e-mail correspondence and phone calls were SO good and believable that I would find it hard to believe he didn't spend several hours of research. It isn't bad business practice, this guy is a professional theif and is hitting several stores a week.

This was a pretty incredible fraud job.

BillB1960

Reaction score
3192526-man-eating-popcorn-while-watching-movie.jpg

kevinh

Reaction score
It is not coming out of my check... I'm sorry, but THAT would be bad business practice. You can't punish me for doing my job, especially when they are the ones that checked the cashiers check out. I would be long gone if they tried to do something like that.

If you want to know just HOW good this guy was? Bank of America said this was the best fraud they have ever seen. He purchased a 1-800 number for verification, the cashiers check had the water mark... And top of that, his e-mail correspondence and phone calls were SO good and believable that I would find it hard to believe he didn't spend several hours of research. It isn't bad business practice, this guy is a professional theif and is hitting several stores a week.

If he put half the amount of work he did in the fraud into a side job, he could afford the guitar.

Jakeislove

Reaction score
I guess vendors/buyers should be given a stronger message up front that no discussions of deals gone bad are allowed. As it is, by the time it's sort of OK to discuss a bad deal/theft others have probably been taken advantage of.

singlecut

Reaction score

Why do you know everything I have done on here in the past 2 days? Do you sit on a computer all day in the back-stage of MLP and take notes? Do you have a wife? Kids? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? You have a problem and you are about to end up on my block list. What I do, does not effect you in the slightest. Stop being a creep, get off of the internet and get a life.

And in reference to my post about a (previous) mod... It's against the rules to make a thread about somebody doing wrong things because they are a moderator? This isn't a dictatorship, this is the United States of America. I was born on American soil, and therefore I have a right to speak my mind about things. Granted, I am a humble, reserved person most of the time... But, when I have been treated poorly on several occasions, I am going to say something. OBVIOUSLY, I am not the only one as he has been stripped of his moderator title and powers.

If I had herd about another BUSINESS dealing with fraud, I certainly would of taken a look at it and made a personal note. Just because I don't have the time to chime into everybodies thread doesn't mean that I am oblivious to what goes on around MLP. However, I do have things that require attention (like, my job, life, etc) that stop me from taking the time out of my day to post. I post on here when I have free-time. I do not have the time to spend all day on here and take notes of what other members are doing like you are apparently doing.

brett, i think your too close to the whole situation to be objective.
let it go on here.
why don't you just go to the address you shipped it to. instead of trying to convince anyone here your right or the rules suck.
sorry you got screwed but maybe youll learn from it and be better off next time.
and i'm sure he can post all he wants without your advise, don't ya thimk?

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

This isn't the USA... This is MLP. You don't have the same rights you do. What about members from other countries? If the rules are the forum are that you can't say anything about moderators, then you must obey them, or you will get kicked out. You agreed to these rules when you signed up. Thus you must follow them, or be kicked out at the mods or owners discretion.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i think it should be posted as a sticky and not deleted.maybe even have a separate place in the forum for such posts.

JMV

Reaction score

Nah, I believe the rating system was in place before that whole thing went down, prolonged as it was. Be that as it may, the rating system here is difficult to use and doesn't serve a lot of purpose. I wish it would be more user friendly.

agreed, but the powers that be don't think so.
because it's not about us the members , it's about the $.
it just is what it is.

Unfortunately I think you're right. On the other hand, I have gained a LOT of respect for some vendors when questions are raised and they go out of their way to handle it right then and there. Since I got to see that, those names are at the top of my list of whom I will look to do business with. And that's a result of mud being slung on this here forum.

I don't see a problem with it, so long as there isn't anything to hide.

singlecut

Reaction score

ok, but did you guys not ship him the guitar before you had the money in hand?
glad your not stuck with the bill.

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
post serial number of the guitar in case anyone spots it on craigslist or ebay?

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

You make me laugh. :laugh2:

This is from someone who begs members here to go and back him up on another site because someone wrote about a bad business about you.

You are no different to anyone, whether you are a sponsor or not.

Yes I happened to be around when you posted as did many others.
I am snowed in so can't do much right now.

Sorry, you cannot speak as you want on this forum, nothing to do with Freedom or Speech or because this is UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Alex owns this site and he sets his rules. You should know that :cool:

I see both sides Brett, I am in agreement with something put in place so both members and dealers etc can let on about bad deals or being ripped off.
However, it is very hard for members to do so sometimes, as the vendor/sponsor or whoever who did the bad deal, could be someone who is popular and they get run off for speaking up. That has happened in past.

Vendors could get bad rep for someone just being unhappy, or even from some competitors to get people to bad mouth them. Again that has happened too.

So, unless it was a two way thing, it wouldn't work and without proof.

You went around it the wrong way imo. You asked for opinions, so don't mouth off just because you got some. :rolleyes:

TKOjams

Reaction score

100%:thumb:

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Nah, I believe the rating system was in place before that whole thing went down, prolonged as it was. Be that as it may, the rating system here is difficult to use and doesn't serve a lot of purpose. I wish it would be more user friendly.

Unfortunately I think you're right. On the other hand, I have gained a LOT of respect for some vendors when questions are raised and they go out of their way to handle it right then and there. Since I got to see that, those names are at the top of my list of whom I will look to do business with. And that's a result of mud being slung on this here forum.

I don't see a problem with it, so long as there isn't anything to hide.

I think the rating system is racist against Macs.:)

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am watching this thread intently, and i just want to make something clear. I cant speak for the other mods, as i am no mind reader, but i would like to think that we try to act fair.
as far as i am concerned, i am trying to make things as unbiased and fun around here as i can. I do nit do this for any perks or renumeration. as a matter of fact, i get a bit of shot from my wife for spending so much time here, doing mod stuff. i do it because i love the mlp community and enjoy all of the info i have found here.
I understand brett, why you started the thread, and the purpose behind it, yet the rules have to be followed for everyone, regardless of status here. for me, i could give a rats ass whether you are a junior member or a mod. if the rules are broken, i will call you on it. i am always available via pm to help anyone with an issue that needs addressing, and i can help anyone figure out a way to word something that can convey the info without breaking the rules. i will always help. and i do mean always. i have no guitar related business, i dont buld guitar, pickups, cases, whatever. i am a player and a mod here that will do anything to help someone out if the help is needed. i agreed to that when i was made a mod and i will stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads