Why fraud threads should be allowed. Please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notoperational

Reaction score
OK, so some of you may have seen a thread of mine that was deleted a few days ago in regards to use losing a 57' Goldtop due to a fraudulent buyer.

Here is why that thread was GOOD and is helping out myself and several other businesses...

Essentially, another business found it and got into contact with myself. My business is not the only one this guy has hit, and with the help of everybody he is GOING to get brought down. Maybe not delete the thread... But, in the instance of fraudulent people being in an online-community... It really would be pretty easy to put a stop to the crimes.

What do you all think is right? Delete the thread so nobody sees it? Or maybe sticky and lock the thread so it can be found and not posted in? My thread prevented this guy taking advantage of other business (literally stopping him from ripping off thousands of dollars...).

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Please remember the moral of this thread when you respond...

However, I am saying that something should be implemented to protect the MLP community. You can either agree with that or not. This is what this thread is about. NOT the discussion of Eddie's Guitars.

dynabite

Reaction score
9um87n.jpg

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Brett, post away about the fact that you were defrauded, and how it was done.

The rules are very clear about what you can and cannot post. Did you have a judgement in hand against the person that defrauded the store? If not, then you might peruse the rules between customers.

I think it's a great idea to post the means and methods used to defraud folks; naming names is forbidden...heck, put in a "pm me for the scumbags name if you're interested"...that would be fine as well.

That clear enough?

BB

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Brett, you have broken 3 rules of MLP now.

I wonder if you get punished as members would.

Just sayin.

BillB1960

Reaction score
This forum is not unique in the 'no grievance' policy. It comes down to a couple of issues:

1. The fact is we're only going to get one side of the story and while it may appear to be a cut & dried, slam dunk case to you and everybody else who reads it we're still getting only one side of the story.

2. The litigious nature of our society makes it too easy to draw the owner of this forum into the fight simply because it was used to make the story public. There's a huge ri$k and very little upside.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You could always have a blacklist among Sponsors/Vendors behind the scenes if that was to help.
But remember, members would want to be able to post their fraud or rip off deals as well. Then it would become a mess.

kevinh

Reaction score
If I got ripped off by Eddie's Guitars, or any other Sponsor Vendor my post would be torn down before anyone could finish reading it. Not saying that it would happen at all, but censorship here is getting pretty out of hand.

You know how hard it was for me, a new member, to find out about a certain pickup winder in California? It was atleast 2 months before someone put all the details together for me. What if he somehow contacts people here about buying pickups? Most of them wouldn't know because his name shows up as asterisks. Come on. *********

notoperational

Reaction score
Brett, post away about the fact that you were defrauded, and how it was done.

The rules are very clear about what you can and cannot post. Did you have a judgement in hand against the person that defrauded the store? If not, then you might peruse the rules between customers.

I think it's a great idea to post the means and methods used to defraud folks; naming names is forbidden...heck, put in a "pm me for the scumbags name if you're interested"...that would be fine as well.

That clear enough?

BB

Well, I tried to steer clear of name dropping and things of that nature, but this thread was posted as a discussion thread only. Not a "we were frauded, here are the details of it." I merely wanted to test the waters and see what the MLP community thought. If this is against the rules, please remove and PM me! :)

Brett, you have broken 3 rules of MLP now.

I wonder if you get punished as members would.

Just sayin.

What a douche bag comment to make (punish me for that too). What punishment do you seem fit? Ban me for a few days? My thread was deleted just as any other one was. This thread was not made to discuss my situation, but to discuss the potential means of exposing fraudulent buyers on MLP.

One forum I frequent (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club) has a system for exposing fraudulent buyers... Maybe we could implement a similar system here?

notoperational

Reaction score
If I got ripped off by Eddie's Guitars, or any other Sponsor Vendor my post would be torn down before anyone could finish reading it. Not saying that it would happen at all, but censorship here is getting pretty out of hand.

You know how hard it was for me, a new member, to find out about a certain pickup winder in California? It was atleast 2 months before someone put all the details together for me. What if he somehow contacts people here about buying pickups? Most of them wouldn't know because his name shows up as asterisks. Come on. *********

In the case of the Notorious B-O-G, there should of been a thread posted and stickied. At least in my eyes.. He deserves far worse.

And what is really sad is... His pick-ups are awesome. He could of been successful in a huge way had he not turned into a crook.

Eddie has been in business since 1971. We don't cheat. :)

Reaction score
What a douche bag comment to make (punish me for that too). What punishment do you seem fit? Ban me for a few days? My thread was deleted just as any other one was. This thread was not made to discuss my situation, but to discuss the potential means of exposing fraudulent buyers on MLP.
Absolutely agreed. Is Harmony a Mod now?

One forum I frequent (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club) has a system for exposing fraudulent buyers... Maybe we could implement a similar system here?
As does the Seynour Duncan forum and a few others. A "Good Trader" and a Bad Trader" sticky thread is easy to do.

singlecut

Reaction score
well i can see 3 or 4 comments that will be deleted real soon.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
While I agree that people (both vendors and the general community here) should be able to inform each other with regards to scammers there remains the issue of innocent until proven guilty. Sure, all of the evidence provided points to his guilt but until that guilt is established in a court of law the person enjoys the presumption of innocence. And, as has been mentioned, there might also be legal (ie. financial) ramifications for the owner of this board.

So to me, it is understandable that the thread was nuked.

BillB1960

Reaction score
As does the Seynour Duncan forum and a few others. A "Good Trader" and a Bad Trader" sticky thread is easy to do.

OTOH I can point to 3 other forums which specifically forbid posting 'gripes' about vendors whether they sponsor the forum or not.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Brett, first you did a thread about your fraud case giving a name.
I sympathize with you but it is against the rules.
The thread got dumped.

Then you make a thread outing a Moderator with insults. Now regardless of the fact that you didn't realize the Mod was no longer here, you still did it. Again against the rules.

Then you open this thread, mentioning the old thread that was dumped. Again against the rules.

As members, we are not allowed to speak of bad deals, outing Moderators, or discussing old threads that were dumped, without warnings or being banned.

You know full well how members feels about bad deals, I don't remember you participating much when it was about other Sponsors/vendors etc whether a victim or the bad guy.

Now it is Eddies, you want to be heard regardless of rules.
Many members here have been ripped off by someone, but cannot speak up,for reasons mentioned above.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Capt T..then would it be ok for all members to out a vendors or Sponsors on here too?

Not a douche comment at all. It works both ways. Brett is no different.
We as members get quoted the rules and get warned, what about all those members who got ripped off by you know who?

singlecut

Reaction score
Brett, first you did a thread about your fraud case giving a name.
I sympathize with you but it is against the rules.
The thread got dumped.

Then you make a thread outing a Moderator with insults. Now regardless of the fact that you didn't realize the Mod was no longer here, you still did it. Again against the rules.

Then you open this thread, mentioning the old thread that was dumped. Again against the rules.

As members, we are not allowed to speak of bad deals, outing Moderators, or discussing old threads that were dumped, without warnings or being banned.

You know full well how members feels about bad deals, I don't remember you participating much when it was about other Sponsors/vendors etc whether a victim or the bad guy.

Now it is Eddies, you want to be heard regardless of rules.
Many members here have been ripped off by someone, but cannot speak up,for reasons mentioned above.

maybe eddie is taking the hit out of bretts check.
i mean how hard is it to hold the guitar untill the money is in hand.
this guy could be a crook, but it sounds like he's smart enuff to pull the wool over someones eyes.or take advantage of poor business pratices

cuthbertg

Banned
Reaction score
maybe eddie is taking the hit out of bretts check.
i mean how hard is it to hold the guitar untill the money is in hand.
this guy could be a crook, but it sounds like he's smart enuff to pull the wool over someones eyes.or take advantage of poor business pratices

All of that had crossed my mind as well

This thread is full of

Meh_cat.jpg

JMV

Reaction score
Why would it be a problem to shed light on vendors or sponsors when deals go badly?

Keeping bad deals in the dark and not letting people know what is going on is what made the WB saga that much more traumatic.

I agree with Brett. I'd love to see SOMETHING in place that helps keep members here from being screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads