why dont they test over 80 drivers???

myinstrument

Reaction score
this happened to me very recently. myself, mywife, and my son (who's 16) were driving home at about 10:30 at night. where i live is about 25 miles from the closest city and there is only a 2 lane highway to get there. anyway we get behind this little chevy cavalier with the fart in a coffee can exhaust. at this time im going just below the speed limit and he is about 8 to 10 miles below the speed limit. i was behind him for about 5 miles on this empty winding road when i got a passing zone i signaled and went.

i got about 3/4 of the way by him when the little douche decided to speed up to keep me from passing and im in the oncoming lane approaching a blind hill. i backed off the throttle and got back in behind him while his buddy in the passenger seat and 2 girls in the back looked back laughing. i decided to keep my distance and follow them. they pulled into a gas station 1/2 mile down the road and so did i. i thought the little puke was going to shit himself i went up to him like a raging bull and his buddy ran into the store and left him there. i made him look stupid in front of his friends and the people at the service station with the verbal assault i laid on him and when i was done berating him he said "i learned my lesson" and tried to walk into the store.

oh hell no. not until you appologize to my family for puting them in danger. and i walked him over to my car and made him appologize like a good little boy.

myinstrument

Reaction score
I shouted at one to fucking well slow down near my cottage once.. Mr big and his buddies then stops the car.. Unfortunately they didn't see I had my male German shepherd with me.. They then drove of at double quick time.
I don't ever start trouble or interfere with other people, but had they surrounded me, I would have told the dog to attack.. No hesitation..And boy would he have taken them appart. This guy is solid muscle with no fear.

He'd take anyone to pieces who came near my daughter or wife.

LaurenDjango.jpg

VZQUO-DjangoL1.jpg

Our bitch Inka is just coming up to the age for guarding.. German shepherds aren't really used for guards until they at least two years old. Django is four and Inka is just two.

Inka2.jpg

hey phil i didnt know shepherds don't guard until 2. i have one myself, she's about 6 months old and i thought she was just a broken shit head. your dogs are pretty.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
this happened to me very recently. myself, mywife, and my son (who's 16) were driving home at about 10:30 at night. where i live is about 25 miles from the closest city and there is only a 2 lane highway to get there. anyway we get behind this little chevy cavalier with the fart in a coffee can exhaust. at this time im going just below the speed limit and he is about 8 to 10 miles below the speed limit. i was behind him for about 5 miles on this empty winding road when i got a passing zone i signaled and went.

i got about 3/4 of the way by him when the little douche decided to speed up to keep me from passing and im in the oncoming lane approaching a blind hill. i backed off the throttle and got back in behind him while his buddy in the passenger seat and 2 girls in the back looked back laughing. i decided to keep my distance and follow them. they pulled into a gas station 1/2 mile down the road and so did i. i thought the little puke was going to shit himself i went up to him like a raging bull and his buddy ran into the store and left him there. i made him look stupid in front of his friends and the people at the service station with the verbal assault i laid on him and when i was done berating him he said "i learned my lesson" and tried to walk into the store.

oh hell no. not until you appologize to my family for puting them in danger. and i walked him over to my car and made him appologize like a good little boy.

Great story..Good on you man...:dude::dude::dude:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
hey phil i didnt know shepherds don't guard until 2. i have one myself, she's about 6 months old and i thought she was just a broken shit head. your dogs are pretty.

No the police or army won't even consider a shepherd until it's two. They only start the guarding thing in earnest at that age.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
look i hijacked my own thread. :lol:

:laugh2::laugh2:.......:applause:

Yeah that's the great thing about interesting threads like this. There are so many stories and off shoots. It's only inevitable really I suppose.

myinstrument

Reaction score
ok this is going to sound like total b/s but im sitting here and the dogs start barking so i went outside and there is ANOTHER accident in the same spot. im not sure of the details ill find out later (too many people hanging around make it difficult for emergency personel to do their job)

Sea Pull

Reaction score
Nothing against aging but I have to agree. I had my very first brand new car, which I bought when I was 18, totaled after driving it for 3 days. An older man and his wife pulled off of the shoulder on a highway right into my lane. There was a car in the lane next to me and I had no choice but to hit the guy. Damn near killed me. When we went to court the guy had the nerve to try to blame me for the wreck. The judge, also an older gentleman, let the guy off with a warning and an eye test.

brimay

Reaction score
Nothing against aging but I have to agree. I had my very first brand new car, which I bought when I was 18, totaled after driving it for 3 days. An older man and his wife pulled off of the shoulder on a highway right into my lane. There was a car in the lane next to me and I had no choice but to hit the guy. Damn near killed me. When we went to court the guy had the nerve to try to blame me for the wreck. The judge, also an older gentleman, let the guy off with a warning and an eye test.

im confused, who'd you hit the older guy and his wife or some body els?

who took the eye test the older man??

Sea Pull

Reaction score
im confused, who'd you hit the older guy and his wife or some body els?

who took the eye test the older man??

They (guy and his wife) pulled off the shoulder, probably didn't look, and I hit them. No place else to go. And yeah, the old guy driving was ordered to take an eye test. Didn't even get a ticket.

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think mandatory periodic testing for all drivers of all ages should be put into place. Although the stats show the elderly and the under twenty five as "high risK", morons of all ages are on the road everyday. Im often very keen to observe the speed limit especially when driving through residential areas however, as a result, I have also drawn the extreme displeasure of idiots who want to go 55 mph on a two-way 25 mph residential zone.

S

SKATTERBRANE

I think 80% of the people who drive, should not! Too many people drive in the left lane, as if it their right to do so. Those people should be banned to leper island.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Phil, that is karma writ large and brought a smile to the dial (the bit about the bleeding head and the smack on the nose).

Luckily, in this country, we have speed limits for provisional drivers (i.e. mostly young) where they must display a "P Plate" that has their maximum speed printed on it. There are also laws to limit the type of car they are allowed to drive, no turbos or large displacement V8's. Additionally, our seniors must take a driving test every year past a certain age (think it's 80).

Although these measures are a step in the right direction, it is still too easy to obtain a drivers licence in most parts of the world. Proper, intensive training is the only way, where they are shown the actual consequences of their lunatic ways.

Rick.

Well they are supposed to have speed limits here....But!

I don't think many Americans who have never been to Europe realise just how crazy it is over here. I think most would be scared shitless on a UK road.
I like America for driving. They are much more courteous on the whole than the Brits. ( With the exclusion of NY and LA. )

In the States someone will always let you onto a freeway. Here you have to take your chances and go, or you could be waiting an awefuly long time.
Brits overtake differently to Americans. Over there you are driving along when suddenly a car slowly appears along side you. You might be doing 50 and they will be doing 50.00001 . Half an hour later they are still along side but have nudged ahead a couple of feet. In England you come up behind someone, then floor it.
I noticed this driving from Chatanooga to Savanah in GA. I drove the whole state of Georgia and wasn't overtaken once.:shock:
I just couldn't help overtaking in the Brit fashion. Get behind the guy and when the coast is clear, hit the throttle. I'd be round and past him in seconds. I really found that American thing of driving along side the other person with only 1/2 mile an hour difference between you very un-nerving, especially when passing a semi.
The average speed on a US highway is 55mph and most stick around there. In the UK the speed limit is 70mph on motorways, but most of the silly sods are all doing between 80mph and 90mph.

Lyrica

Songwriting Machine
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
in the last three years there have been many deaths here due to stupidity. the offenders driving along a dirt road and coming to a highway with a two way stop sign. well they don't stop. they just floor it thru the stop and hope for the best. i don't mind if someone has no survival instinct and wants to kill him/herself doing stupid shit, but they always seem to take someone else with them. :(

babalooga

Reaction score
I spent 30 plus years working in body shops and I can tell you it's a toss up between little old ladies and soccer moms as to who is the most dangerous on the road. I once had an old lady come in for an estimate for repairs right after she had a booboo as she called it, she came back an hour later for another estimate, yup you guessed it, another booboo. I watched her get in her car to leave, and I noticed she was just sitting there, so I asked her if she was alright. She told me she could'nt remember how to start her car! I called a relative of hers to come and pick her up, I hope that ended her driving career. Soccer moms just scare the beejeesus out of me.

Hemply

Reaction score
Tested? Hell, they need to be BANNED from driving after 80.

I can attest to this first hand as I sit here recovering from knee surgery due to an over 80 y/o driver who never saw me, never looked, never even hit his brake?!?! NOTHING!

My car gets side swipped, pushed into a concrete median strip, which it then bounces off smashing my knee into the steering wheel in the process. Me like an asshole see's how old the guy is that hit me and am screaming at him from my now stopped car, asking if he's ok? He's out of his car looking at me like I'm speaking a different language! Well of course he's looking at me like that, I then see he's wearing two of the biggest HEARING AIDS I have ever seen!
No wonder he never heard my horn blowing as he came right at me!

So now I sit here 4 days post-op hurting, disabled from working and driving by my surgeron for at least two more weeks! Problem is I am self-employed and if I don't work I don't make money.

All this mess because someone who can barely remember their own name is given access to a two ton weapon... makes a lot of sense to me! :rolleyes:

Belzeebub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Tested? Hell, they need to be BANNED from driving after 80.

I can attest to this first hand as I sit here recovering from knee surgery due to an over 80 y/o driver who never saw me, never looked, never even hit his brake?!?! NOTHING!

My car gets side swipped, pushed into a concrete median strip, which it then bounces off smashing my knee into the steering wheel in the process. Me like an asshole see's how old the guy is that hit me and am screaming at him from my now stopped car, asking if he's ok? He's out of his car looking at me like I'm speaking a different language! Well of course he's looking at me like that, I then see he's wearing two of the biggest HEARING AIDS I have ever seen!
No wonder he never heard my horn blowing as he came right at me!

So now I sit here 4 days post-op hurting, disabled from working and driving by my surgeron for at least two more weeks! Problem is I am self-employed and if I don't work I don't make money.

All this mess because someone who can barely remember their own name is given access to a two ton weapon... makes a lot of sense to me! :rolleyes:

Sue the old geezer out of his misery! Be well soon.

Hemply

Reaction score
Sue the old geezer out of his misery! Be well soon.

Not that I don't have a million better things to do with my time like getting back to my own practice and the patients I now hold in "treatment limbo" as I recover.

I will be lucky if this thing will resolve by next week enough for me to return to my office. I've only held my own practice going on my 4th year now. After the first two years if you can still support yourself you feel some relief, but with any independent business you feel more at ease after at least 5 successful years. This crap has stopped my earnings and my malpractice insurer doesn't want to hear I don't have their money... if I don't then I don't practice. The tax man doesn't want to hear I'm laid up on a bad knee and can't pay him his money.

I should consider myself lucky to have been so "blessed" that my auto insurance company agreed to pay for the surgery. I don't have health care insurance. I've been turned down by every major health insurer due to "pre-existing conditions"! Duh, no shit, I'm 42 years old, if I was 22 I wouldn't agree to pay over $900.00 a month for health insurance now would I, nope I'd spend that money on something important like a new LPC!

So it seems that I have no choice but to sue the old bastard out of his misery!

I'll keep working hard at getting things back quickly. All this and in three weeks I'm off for two weeks of fishing and relaxing in Key Largo and Islamorada... wonder if they take food stamps? :rolleyes:

Thanks Belzeebub! :fingersx:

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My dad drove through a red light going 60 at a
busy intersection when he was 81, i thoght
i was realy going to die, he had no clue
and thought i made it up.
The light "never used to be there 10 years ago"so his memory
didnt recognize the new light, thank god no cars
were passing through
My doctor said that is normal with older people its called "Motor Memory"