Why do you have an opinion on this?

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
part of it is that people walk around already triggered about whatever the topic was 5 minutes ago. then they're just a bull in a china closet in their own heads and it ultimately can't be contained.

hence an agressive opinion on everything.

eff people.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The concept of the Opinion is that when confronted with a problem we tend to to want to look smarter in front of the group ....so we voice the opinion and somehow think its fact....that's when you look stoopit ....

to opine in conversation concerning controversial conundrums, one has to have the facts straight and should be able to point to reliable sources, in order to support the claim that the opinion makes....

Moreover, one must also be aware of the Subjective opinion vs the Objective opinion....for instance....the statement ` I like red sports cars "Everyone should have one" this opinion is based on the Subjective notion that everyone likes the color red ....especially on a sports car.

Or

"the tone of my Les Paul is the best because it is an Aged Lemon Burst, its actually better than your shitty Washed Cherry because ....(insert reason) .....

For the Objective opinion lets look at science and industry....."The Speed of light is about 186,000 miles / second" A statement that has no opinion....and is referenced here How "Fast" is the Speed of Light? (nasa.gov) to a reliable source....

but it becomes opinion when you add, "It goes this fast because the dark is chasing it" :facepalm:

But its kinda true....

But in order to be chased...implies fear...and fear implies intelligence....when did light become self aware, display consciousness?

The notion that an "Aircraft can take off on a running conveyor belt"

My Opinion on this is "its ridiculas"

BUT the Myth Busters PROVED it can be done.....(I loved that show) but clearly they knew nothing of ground effect and its relationship to lift.....there.... I opined and my opinion is the only one.....no other opinion works because it doesnt agree with mine....so stop trying to make me look stupid ....

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
I don’t get offended by stupid shit in the news.. I do get offended when I call in sick to work when I have a flat tire on the side of a fucked up freeway, and they tell me to just call an Uber..

FUCK. YOU!

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem.. you have leaders and followers.
The leaders have no problem forming an opinion and acting upon it be it right or wrong.
Follower's mostly cannot form their own opinion on anything so they take the opinion of the so called "leader" as their own and that's where the problems begin

I refer to them as directionless people..

rogue3

Reaction score
Why?

As soon as we take in information, we tend to form an opinion. Why? Why can’t it just “be”?

You are onto something here who...internet lemmings.

i believe it used to be called jumping to conclusions.

"Jumping to conclusions is a psychological term referring to a communication obstacle where one "judge or decide something without having all the facts; to reach unwarranted conclusions".wiki.

f27e7cb05bd7caf3571c2762fd718871.jpg

jump-to-conclusions-teamwork-story-seek-to-understand-first.jpg

Latest Threads