Why do we get butthurt?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll find one in stock, so you should have some time.
So I have been finding. The big box stores are picked over. But, I have a “guy”. Actually, it’s an appliance store, family owned been around since Jesus was an Alter Boy.

I called them this afternoon and told them what we are looking for. They said, “no problem, we can get you one.”

I’ll find out tomorrow for sure. I hope I don’t have to speak with the manager. :laugh2:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fear that I may have the same problem.... she wants one of those industrial front loading units (and, the accompanying dryer, of course). If it ever stops snowing here, we'll head out on a shopping expedition with tape measure. I have a standard size doorway to our laundry room, the top loader barely fit when I installed it, many years ago.
Get yourself a 40 year old Maytag. Mechanical timer and shit never breaks and you can almost climb inside the damn thing if you have to replace anything. Motor, drive belt and a water pump. That's all that can break and they still have parts for them and they're cheap.

Those new washers will break within a few years and you can't work on them. You have to replace kazillion dollar computers, sensors, switches and shit. I swear to Cow, they are junk. :)

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a 40 year old Maytag. Mechanical timer and shit never breaks and you can almost climb inside the damn thing if you have to replace anything. Motor, drive belt and a water pump. That's all that can break and they still have parts for them and they're cheap.

Those new washers will break within a few years and you can't work on them. You have to replace kazillion dollar computers, sensors, switches and shit. I swear to Cow, they are junk. :)
Absolutely true!!!

six-string

Reaction score
I fear that I may have the same problem.... she wants one of those industrial front loading units (and, the accompanying dryer, of course). If it ever stops snowing here, we'll head out on a shopping expedition with tape measure. I have a standard size doorway to our laundry room, the top loader barely fit when I installed it, many years ago.
do your homework before dropping the credit card.
many current front loader washers are good looking on the outside but cheap crap on the inside.
dryers are marginally better, but at least easier to fix.
avoid Samsung and LG if you can.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
do your homework before dropping the credit card.
many current front loader washers are good looking on the outside but cheap crap on the inside.
dryers are marginally better, but at least easier to fix.
avoid Samsung and LG if you can.
Yea - for sure. Any front loader that I would buy is a commercial grade, and I'm not spending $2k+. Residential front loaders are all junk - every single one.

We're looking at Miele or SpeedQueen. They make a semi-commercial line that are built well and last for decades. They are a bit more expensive than the residential junk you find at Lowes, but they are worth it. We'll get an agitator top load washer. No electronics, heavy-duty motor and suspension. Dryers are also built like tanks.

Buy once. Cry once.

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appliance failures are a justifiable butthurt situation. First world problems.

-Jay

Latest Threads