Why do people think their LP's are worth so much?

GibsonMarshallGuy

Reaction score
Ya some people just don't know I guess happens here in the classifieds sometimes...

joesatch

Reaction score
I see it all too often. Lots of folks trying to sell Classics for over $2k. People need to get a grip

joesatch

Reaction score
Your answer is in the ad.

Ships to: Worldwide
lmao. I sell worldwide too all the time. Usually the shipping is about $130 to Europe. never had a problem yet.

azzapeel

Reaction score
Well with a name like Bigmoney.302.... Makes me wonder. :D

Farquad

Reaction score
That one is expensive because it's a Gold Top series Les Paul and it has 4 volume controls. it's unique. I bet he could get a lot more for it. (kidding)

Tim Plains

Reaction score
lmao. I sell worldwide too all the time. Usually the shipping is about $130 to Europe. never had a problem yet.
No, really. Compare prices in North America to Europe and Australia. Big difference.

budg

Reaction score
I see it all too often. Lots of folks trying to sell Classics for over $2k. People need to get a grip
I see it here too.Guy listed his 2001 Studio for 1200 firm. Months went buy and eventually listed it at 600. I think people like that are fishing for suckers. Sometimes they snag one.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
A lot of people and companies won't and Gibsons are often very expensive outside of the USA.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
There are places outside the US where guitars aren't that cheap....

It may still be be a good deal for someone where the big retailers don't ship to

:hmm:

jlb32

Reaction score
He has 100% feedback with 1076 transactions so I doubt he's a scammer.

Sounds like he just doesn't have a clue about guitars or what guitar he's actually selling. Not once does his auction say Les Paul Studio or anything about the wood, pickups, hardware, etc.. He just calls it a Les Paul gold series with 4 volume controls.:laugh2: He is nice enough to start the auction below MSRP.:D

You would think someone with that much feedback wanting that type of money would at least do some freaking research beforehand.:facepalm:

joesatch

Reaction score
There are places outside the US where guitars aren't that cheap....

It may still be be a good deal for someone where the big retailers don't ship to

:hmm:
I'm sorry my friend , i don't buy this. Many sellers will sell to Worldwide as long as the buyer pays shipping. I've shipped guitars from Taiwan to Germany to France etc. Never paid more than $200 to ship one. The dude is asking $1000 because he's shipping Worldwide? I'm sorry but NO.

jlb32

Reaction score
I'm sorry my friend , i don't buy this. Many sellers will sell to Worldwide as long as the buyer pays shipping. I've shipped guitars from Taiwan to Germany to France etc. Never paid more than $200 to ship one. The dude is asking $1000 because he's shipping Worldwide? I'm sorry but NO.
+1. I don't think his price has anything to do with Worldwide shipping. I just think the guy is clueless about what kind of Gibson Les Paul he has and is to freaking lazy to do a little research to price it correctly.

Bill h

Banned
Reaction score
+1. I don't think his price has anything to do with Worldwide shipping. I just think the guy is clueless about what kind of Gibson Les Paul he has and is to freaking lazy to do a little research to price it correctly.
I agree with that. There is a little of everything out there, people fishing for suckers, not doing research etc..... People that know nothing about guitars think that just because it's a les Paul it's worth a crapload of money. The ones I really hate are the ones trying rip off someone who doesn't know any better

michaelinokc

Reaction score
I never really pay attention to overpriced items. To me, it's just an indication that the seller has no idea what they're trying to sell, which, to me, is a sign to stay away.

joesatch

Reaction score
The problem is it spreads like virus. People decide to sell a LP so they look at all the ridiculous priced ones and list theirs accordingly. Little do they do those have been there for months with no buyers.

Latest Threads