Why do I hate strats? And do I need therapy?

GRASS

Reaction score
Jimi had the right idea, burn the ******* thing. I hate Strats too. Love Teles though.

dandood

Reaction score
^ That was a cool gimmick to get attention, but Jimi loved Strats, he played them almost exclusively. and actually I don't believe he liked the Telecaster all that much. (I do though!)

Love the sounds this guy gets on a Strat..

Last edited:

pmonk

Reaction score
So the original EJ signature strat has a butterfly string tree on it? I wonder why all the EJ models doesn't?

Last edited:

Meatwad

Reaction score
So the original EJ signature strat has a butterfly string tree on it? I wonder why all the EJ models doesn't?
The EJ Strats have staggered tuners that create enough break angle over the nut to eliminate the need for the string trees.

ChuckHall03

Reaction score
I grew up playing Strats. A squire strat was my first, practiced my best Pete Townsend on that when I got my first American made. Had an uncle with way too many guitars who would loan me a handful of vintage/custom shop models when I was a kid. I always liked strats, but never loved them like I do a good Les Paul. I keep a couple around for sentimental reasons. My sights are on a tele next. My Taylor acoustic that never gets played is in the shop, going to flip that and go for an American standard ii or ultra next.

pmonk

Reaction score
The EJ Strats have staggered tuners that create enough break angle over the nut to eliminate the need for the string trees.
I know that, I just winder why the original model that EJ actually uses uses a butterfly on the headstock? DId the fist model not have staggered tuners?

I purposely bought a EJ loaded body to avoid the neck

tzd

Reaction score
I know that, I just winder why the original model that EJ actually uses uses a butterfly on the headstock? DId the fist model not have staggered tuners?

I purposely bought a EJ loaded body to avoid the neck
There are now two EJ Strat models - the Eric Johnson Signature Model, which is designed to EJ's spec preferences and does not have string tree, and the EJ 1954 Virginia Strat, which is a replica of EJ's original 1954 Strat, and has string tree.

Actually a lot of Strats have staggered tuners but that does not negate the need for string tree. EJ's Signature model did not have a string tree because he designed it so that the headstock dips further down than a normal Strat, increasing the string break angle.

Dark Horse

Reaction score
I have a Fender Stat HSS and although I enjoy it, it lacks the bite of my Gibson's and other guitars. Still, a nice chimey sound when played clean. Not sure if it's also an "image" thing but Fender is the buttoned up guy whereas Gibson is the party guy as far as I'm concerned.

I still want a Fender Jaguar Vintera though.

Latest Threads