why didn't jimmy page sing for zeppelin?

Jayson201

Reaction score
My friend has claimed that Jimmy Page isn't very talented because he couldn't sing and play guitar at the same time. A: This statement is stupid. B: This statement is false. He sang in his own song called She just satisfies.

Now, To the question. No life story this time.
Why did Jimmy Page not sing for Zeppelin at all? He had a good enough voice for it.

Jayson201

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNbRpmkT4g]YouTube - Jimmy Page Solo - ((She Just Satisfies)) Pre-Zep[/ame]
does that sound like shit to you? I dont think so

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
My friend has claimed that Jimmy Page isn't very talented because he couldn't sing and play guitar at the same time. A: This statement is stupid. B: This statement is false. He sang in his own song called She just satisfies.

Why did Jimmy Page not sing for Zeppelin at all? He had a good enough voice for it.
Two words: Robert Plant.

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
I read somewhere that he had heard plant in another band and liked his style thought thats what he wanted. The band was formed around the musicians.

QuicksilverSS

Reaction score

In most bands everyone has their part. Sure there are LOTS of bands that everyone gets their chance to sing or do other stuff. But in Zep,everyone was so good at what they did,except J.P.J.,...****er did everything and he did it well!!!!:D

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Maybe he just wanted to concentrate on playing the guitar? Page always seemed like a guy that had a very specific idea of the kind of band he wanted... Maybe he understood the power that a frontman can have.

Username1

Reaction score
Because he was a very smart guy. Hire a real singer who can cover all the ranges that you can't. Two frontmen are better than one... the list goes on.

+1 his voice isn't bad but it isn't great either, you maximize your talent by not trying to be an all in one type of deal, why didn't keith richards just sing the stones songs? etc etc

Jayson201

Reaction score
Thanks for all the wonderful responses :)
Now what we need is some more sarcasm, maybe some more jokes, some pizza and a case of beer.

EasyAce

Reaction score
My friend has claimed that Jimmy Page isn't very talented because he couldn't sing and play guitar at the same time. A: This statement is stupid. B: This statement is false.
These talented gentlemen couldn't sing and play their guitars at the same time, either . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-OwvQAr8Sk]B.B. King, "You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEVKDbNZWZg]Albert King, "Born Under a Bad Sign"[/ame]

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
So, why didn't John Paul Jones play guitar? He certainly is as accomplished as Page.

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all the wonderful responses :)
Now what we need is some more sarcasm, maybe some more jokes, some pizza and a case of beer.
Here is one for ya your buddy that doesnt know his own ass from a hole in the ground. Tell him to STFU and quit trying to act like he know shit when he dont. Badda bing!

Latest Threads