Why did YOU join MLP?

Not_Rob

Reaction score
Because a bloke said I should, and you can't say fuck on tdpri without the internet pc brigade defence force coming at you in full swing.

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
I joined originally because I was about to buy a semi-rare LP, and wanted some expert opinions on it. That was, I dunno, five LPs ago?

Probably the best Internet-related decision I ever made.

ILL GREEN

Reaction score
I always loved Les Paul style guitars. I was gonna buy a Gretsch 5438T but then I figured it would be best to build my own, to my own specs and get to know the physics, trials and errors that come with an electric guitar. I learned carpentry since I was 14 years old, so I can handle to woodworkings, but to achieve that mirror shine, soldering electronics, the relation of the bridge to the strings and science of it all, I am really crash coursing it into my head.

The kind gentleman, Skyjerk, recommended this forum and realized this place is for me. Nice and helpful people here and I am grateful for the information.

So here I am, on my first build, a DIY Les Paul from Solo Guitars and I hope to meet the masters and learn a thing or five.

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
I joined to use the site as a sort of data base or known issues both good or bad about Gibson Les Pauls. I own a few Les Pauls and also luthier so I'm more interested in advanced issues I read about here which has been helpful really.

It's also good to find parts, people who deal in guitars etc.

scrumm21

Reaction score
I joined after buying a Epi LP-100. I knew NOTHING about electric guitars - and Very Little about guitars in general. I wandered into this site right after purchase and I am so Very glad I did.

Little did I know what an addiction I was succumbing to.....:acoustic: