Why buy Gibson USA

fjabjr

Reaction score
Original quote form OP......

"I think anyone who spends their money on a gibson USA is nuts......"

Does that sound the start of a respectful conversation to anyone? Then whenever anyone disagreed with the OP's opinion (and that's all it is) he susquently attacked their intelligence (or place of residence). His tone on various posts was alternating between highly aggressive insults complete with foul language to posts were he was all nice and cheery (as long as you agreed 100%).
I'd question the stability of anyone behaving in this manner.
I'm actually surprised this post didn't get shut down 180+ posts ago.

Nicely said. Thank you.

bonanza2252003

Reaction score
tosser_design.png

I rest my case :laugh2::laugh2::applause:

bonanza2252003

Reaction score
Original quote form OP......

"I think anyone who spends their money on a gibson USA is nuts......"

Does that sound the start of a respectful conversation to anyone? Then whenever anyone disagreed with the OP's opinion (and that's all it is) he susquently attacked their intelligence (or place of residence). His tone on various posts was alternating between highly aggressive insults complete with foul language to posts were he was all nice and cheery (as long as you agreed 100%).
I'd question the stability of anyone behaving in this manner.
I'm actually surprised this post didn't get shut down 180+ posts ago.

sorry I hurt your feelings . Would you like a hug:lol:

you tried to convince me of a few things and I called bullshit. you never did respond to them just went away and pouted.

I can tell you are a child of the 90's where everyone is politically correct and polite,everyone made the team at your little league,everyone got a trophy at sports day . your parents never gave you a good wack when you needed it. you were never subjected to competition or disapointment etc.etc.

when the going gets rough you just can't hang.

heres how we did it :

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930s, '40s, '50s, '60s and '70s!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who may have smoked and/or
drank while they were pregnant. (Mothers in India did different things)

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then, after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets, and, when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps, not helmets, on our heads.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes..

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And we weren't overweight.

WHY?

Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. --And, we were OKAY..

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Play Stations, Nintendos and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable,

no video movies or DVDs,

no surround-sound or CDs,

no cell phones,

no personal computers,

no Internet and no chat rooms.

We had one TV , 3 chanels and no remote. You were the remote. Your Dad told you to go change the channel and you did or you got a cuff upside the head.

We all ate together at the dinner table and had to actually talk to each other.

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

The local pond or swamp was our amusement park, biology experiment, fish and frog aquarium, bird santuary, and Skating rink.

We captured baby birds,squirrels,snakes and various wild animals and never died from rabies.

We went camping down by the creek with our inner tubes and never drowned.

We had axes ,machetes and knives to practice throwing at tree stumps. and very few limbs got hacked off.

We had matches , made fires and burned down very few houses.

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from those accidents..

We would get spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles,or just a bare hand, and no one would call child services to report abuse.

We ate worms, and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,and yes we would shoot each other with them on occasion too. No one was ever killed.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls, and -although we were told it would happen- we did not put out very many eyes.

We built igloos ,snow men,shovelled the driveway with a shovell and jumped off the roof of the house in winter.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

We walked into the bush and chopped down our own Christmas tree with our fathers .

We built tree forts to have a secret boys clubhouse, A few years later used them as a place to kiss our girlfriends .

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers, and inventors ever.

The past 50 to 85 years have seen an explosion of innovation and new ideas..

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of those born between 1925-1970, CONGRATULATIONS!

KenG

Reaction score
I was born in '62 but somehow avoided blowing my marbles away with whatever you're on.

River

Reaction score
I was born in '62 but somehow avoided blowing my marbles away with whatever you're on.
See, you ARE a child of the 90s. I mean, you were only in your thirties! I was pushing and past 40 by then, ya whippa-snappa! :laugh2:

old%20man%20with%20cane.jpg

KenG

Reaction score
Hell River, I barely remember my thirties! Maybe I didn't escape as unscathed as I'd thought!

bonanza2252003

Reaction score

Yep .Must admit. I did Acid ,MDA, pot,mushrooms ,coke,even Heroin once. Experienced a ton of life, back packed around the world with no money, made a living as a muscian for several years and Still wound up making a better living than most repairing and maintaining nuclear Reactors. Go figure.

I credit my sense of no fear adventure and successes to not having been babied as a child .

I think all this sesitive crap is for pussys :cool:

toughen up son ,its all good fun

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. There is a guy on the Seymour Duncan Forum that seems to care more about looks though and would prefer to buy multiple flametop USAs just because he insists on owning Gibson flametop LPs (needless to say he isn't willing to pay the pricetag of an R9 new, let alone, used). I've been trying to turn him over to the the cheaper historics (R7 and R8s) as they are better guitars but he won't have it because they don't have flametops and are more expensive. Its a shame, cuz hes sure missing out....

KenG

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. There is a guy on the Seymour Duncan Forum that seems to care more about looks though and would prefer to buy multiple flametop USAs just because he insists on owning Gibson flametop LPs (needless to say he isn't willing to pay the pricetag of an R9 new, let alone, used). I've been trying to turn him over to the the cheaper historics (R7 and R8s) as they are better guitars but he won't have it because they don't have flametops and are more expensive. Its a shame, cuz hes sure missing out....

This is only your "Opinion" that R7s & R8s are "Better" guitars than R9s. I'd enjoy any of them but won't fall into that trap.

bonanza2252003

Reaction score
What sort of amp do you play?

At the moment .I 'm using a Splawn streetrod . But I have many amps. My favorites are Ceriatone Trainwreck clone,Matamp,Marshall 18 watt 1974X circuit , Fuchs OD and Bogner XTC 100B to name a few . But the amp I'm giggin with most of the time now is my Splawn which is basically a plexi and hotrodded JCM 800 in one. Its a 40 watt Combo so its handy to grab and go and perfect power and size for small to medium club work .

I've never been a combo guy and this is the first combo I've ever bonded with . Its got a closed back and realy sounds great. There is a slight improvement when I plug it in to the Mojave 2x12 with celestion G12H30 Heritages ( original made in England not the crappy anniversary speakers).These are my favorite speakers of all time .

I'll use the combo with the 2x12 cab on the other side of the stage sometimes so I can still hear myself when I trip to the other side of a larger stage.

in smaller venues the 1x12 combo is fine and sounds pretty darn nice on its own.

If you look at the link in my signature theres a couple video's there of me jammin on the Bogner and Fuchs along with a R7 and R9 . Didn't have my Replica's or Splawn yet when I did these Videos. Which Are the guitars I now play most of the time.

I still use the R7 and R9 a fair bit too though. I have an Ebony 68 RI VOS too with Wolfetone Marsahllhead pu's and love this guitar for any Drop D or Db stuff we do. Also killer guitar for a lot of grunge sounds. I think the heavy weight of the 68 and the ebony fingerboard realy give it a sharper faster attack which just seems to work great for drop tuning and High gain stuff . Just love that guitar for this type of music.

The band I'm in now has some younger folks in it so we're doing mostly 90's to 2010 hard rock . I'm lovin the Buck cherry stuff and several of the newer groups .

its all good

daddyo

Reaction score
I bought a Les Paul Traditional brand new at the end of July. Why? I know all about Historics and track their prices.
-I am leary about buying off ebay and I live in Canada. Many sellers won't ship to Canada. Those that do are usually shops that offer few deals.
-Very few historics go up for sale here on CL and when they do, it's for a premium. In fact, very few decent Les Pauls of any type come up for sale here and when they do, it's usually for around 90% of new.
-My budget was around $2500 CDN ($2300 US).
- I wanted a specific finish (desertburst or dark burst)
-I wanted a guitar with no issues that I could play before I bought it.
-I believed what I read about the Traditional line.

In the end, I really like my Trad LP.

bonanza2252003

Reaction score
I bought a Les Paul Traditional brand new at the end of July. Why? I know all about Historics and track their prices.
-I am leary about buying off ebay and I live in Canada. Many sellers won't ship to Canada. Those that do are usually shops that offer few deals.
-Very few historics go up for sale here on CL and when they do, it's for a premium. In fact, very few decent Les Pauls of any type come up for sale here and when they do, it's usually for around 90% of new.

Yep the Trad is a nice guitar . But there are many forum members including myself who will drop ship for ya. In other words get it delivered to there house and forward it on.

Of course you have to trust the person ,I've done exactly that for some friends in England ,Thailand,India and a few other places.

Theirs lots of stuff here they can't get in their home countrys and I'm always willing to help a brother out.

Had an ESP delivered to me for a friend in Isreal just a couple months ago.:naughty:

plus I will forward it on as a gift so they don't get hit with duties and Taxes in their home country .

It pays to be nice to me if you don't live in the USA. LOL

I know what its like. I lived in Canada most of my life and its hard getin the stuff you want for a fair price. Not so in the good old USA

jmg257

Reaction score
Damn - that is very cool! /\ /\

Very nice.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

I think tonequest report said it best. There's tone and there's flame. It's cool if you want the raddest looking flame topped guitars. I just had a custom guitar made and I sprang for the flame maple to hedge the resale value a bit. But, if you're chasing flame and that's all you're doing you aren't chasing tone. A plain cap and a flamed cap won't sound any different. I like to keep my options open.

At the moment .I 'm using a Splawn streetrod . But I have many amps. My favorites are Trainwreck clone,Matamp,Marshall 18 watt 1974X circuit , Fuchs OD and Bogner XTC 100B to name a few . But the amp I'm giggin with most of the time now is my Splawn which is basically a plexi and hotrodded JCM 800 in one. Its a Combo so its handy to grab and go.

Which version of the Fuchs ODS do you have? I had a quickrod for a bit. It was a cool amp and it sounded pretty cool. not really my cup of tea but it was definitely solid.

bonanza2252003

Reaction score

Where in BC you at . i grew up in the Prince George /Quesnel area and lived in Vancouver for 22 years

Latest Threads