Who's Who in Tube Amps

Belvedere

Reaction score
My only tube amp and my main amp atm is my supro dual tone, it has been with me 4 years now and it's still all I need in the tube zone.

TWANG

Reaction score
I have an 18 watt marshall 1974x clone on my bench.
I have an 18 watch marshall 1974x II clone in my living room.
I have a 6 watt 6V6 built into an old cake pan in my living room.
I have a blackheart bh 5 combo in my closet.
I have a 30 watt nobody clone in my bedroom.
I have a tweed deluxe clone in the music room.
I have two more vjs I haven't gotten around to yet.
I have four more empty chassis, which will be one tweed deluxe and two I dunno and one something or other.
Oh yeah, I also have a hammond organ guts that will be something like 80 watts when I'm done.
and I have an old PA that will also be 100 watts when it's done.
And I have a fender I got from someone before I got sick that I promised to build and it will be next up.
I have a peavey SS bass amp.

I have too many.

Attachments

Brother Firefingers

Reaction score
Hey all! Mostly Marshall stuff; I loves me a vintage Marshall! That said, I got into Bogner 20 years go or so, and have a prototype "Mogner" 1978 JMP-50 modded; reportedly built for and owned by George Lynch in the early days... basically a 100b Blue channel. Great amp, probably my fave single channel amp.

Best tone, hands down a Soldano SLO 100. Had a few over the years... they were always a better amp than I was a player, and they let that secret out. Recently, I scored one of the last Mike made, and I can finally say it sounds best... I have fewer shortcomings to hide!

In that vein, a Helios (great amp), and 100b Ecstacy as well...amazingly versatile and sounds about as good as anything. Bogner makes some really great amps.
Version 2 (1).jpg

byedan

Reaction score
Mesa studio 50, el84 version, Mesa dc5 ada mp1 and Soldano GTO. I know the MP1 and GTO are not amps but they sound awesome into a good amp

cmjohnson

Reaction score
My 1959 model Super Lead (1973 manufacture) after cabinet restoration and the start of chassis restoration. The front panel is new production and I'm making them. This is a prototype panel and not exactly right. A more perfect revision of it will be made in the next week or two. The amp is undergoing a complete restoration. The cabinets are JMC800 1980s era Marshall 1960A and 1960B cabinets, just recovered in my garage workshop, and backdated to Plexi era cosmetics.
DSC_6247_sm.jpg

GeeJay

Reaction score
My current amps:
Marshall DSL 401 + 1x12 extension cab
Blackstar HT40 Club + cab
Bluebird 18w TMB 'Marshall' clone.

Amps that I would like to own one day would probably include something from 633 Engineering and/or Hamstead.

MichaelAndrew3435

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Mostly Marshall stuff; I loves me a vintage Marshall! That said, I got into Bogner 20 years go or so, and have a prototype "Mogner" 1978 JMP-50 modded; reportedly built for and owned by George Lynch in the early days... basically a 100b Blue channel. Great amp, probably my fave single channel amp.

Best tone, hands down a Soldano SLO 100. Had a few over the years... they were always a better amp than I was a player, and they let that secret out. Recently, I scored one of the last Mike made, and I can finally say it sounds best... I have fewer shortcomings to hide!

In that vein, a Helios (great amp), and 100b Ecstacy as well...amazingly versatile and sounds about as good as anything. Bogner makes some really great amps. View attachment 413708
You have excellent taste sir!

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Alright, time for an update!

-Orange Rocker 15 Terror
-VOX Night Train
I'm still loving this Orange Terror. I recently stopped using a cab for rehearsals and just patch into the mix with a Two Notes Torpedo Captor. So nice that this gadget can let me keep using tube power while getting an in-ear monitor mix. Some great toys out there for tube amp players.