Whoops?

oicu812

Reaction score
The point is this country historically doles out taxpayer funds with it seems little or no oversight of if it is spent as intended, if at all, irrespective of who is the recipient. From Fernando Marcos hoarding billions in Swiss accounts, to a "secret" payoff of $150,000,000,000 to Iran. So you see, friend or foe, it seems to make little difference. In the end, apparently we are just attempting to buy favor. "Loyalty" goes to the highest bidder.

exactly. They want the moolah but don't want to color inside the lines.

Eh. fuckit. You're a state bitches. Keep the corruption to a dull roar now.
Oh, don't want to be a state? OK. No more dough. Go see what kind of deal you can get from China. Venezuela is happening these days, too. See you on the flip side.
China would be more than happy to fund some of these Caribbean Islands and Cent/South American countries if not doing so already, which I have read is the case.

outlawten5

Reaction score
That chicks is the problem. Not the people she fired. I remember during Maria she kept bad mouthing Trump. All the while sporting brand new hats printed with help us, etc.. Pics of that water surfaced shortly after Maria hit. She is the one killing her own people

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
The point is this country historically doles out taxpayer funds with it seems little or no oversight of if it is spent as intended, if at all, irrespective of who is the recipient. From Fernando Marcos hoarding billions in Swiss accounts, to a "secret" payoff of $150,000,000,000 to Iran. So you see, friend or foe, it seems to make little difference. In the end, apparently we are just attempting to buy favor. "Loyalty" goes to the highest bidder.

China would be more than happy to fund some of these Caribbean Islands and Cent/South American countries if not doing so already, which I have read is the case.
China is busy taking over Africa... tons of resources there.

Puerto Rico offers what? Nice resorts and stray dogs?

cjpeck

Reaction score

China is throwing money that way.
Those people depositing those checks should ask Hong Kong how it's working out.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Puerto Rico become a state? I hope not. It makes Mississippi look like Utopia.

The Puerto Rico U.S.A citizens that haven't bailed and moved to the states yet are largely unemployed, uneducated, or corrupt or all three and less than half of them speak English. Much of the educated and professional Puerto Ricans have gotten the fuck out. There was a big drain even before Hurricane Maria and after Maria it ratcheted up. Now the earthquakes will result in even more people coming to the States. Those left are the total losers.

Puerto Rico's bootstrap economy has been the only thing keeping them afloat for many, many years sucking the teat of the States. Let the place go independent. Screw Puerto Rico.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tone deaf

Reaction score
"The discovery prompted Gov. Wanda Vazquez on Saturday to fire the island’s director of emergency management, Carlos Acevedo, and to order a full investigation into the matter."

Not good enough. Our country just released a few more billions to that uber corrupt shithole. Send in US regulators from to handle any aid from here on out. If we are going to take care of people lets make sure its actually taking place.

Oh heres another tid bit of info we may not see much about:

"Current" administration officials announced Wednesday that they’re finally releasing more than $8 billion in disaster aid to Puerto Rico after drawing intense ire from congressional "opposition party" over a mysterious, months-long freeze on the sorely-needed cash."

Let me rephrase my previous statement:
So our corrupted goverment just released more money to an uber corrupt goverment that was already billions in debt before the last hurricane that was caught red-handedly hoarding relief supplies that we gave them years ago...phew... (out of breath)

Now what about accountability for the relief we cannot see...like the money?
That $8B? It's only a part of $20B we are sending.

Give it back to Spain.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
bout time PR became a state. And to apply the rule of law like the rest of the U.S.

Hells bells, gotta be better than California...
No... no no no... We do not want them to become a state and have official representation.

They need to be abandoned and allowed to do whatever happens.

And California too.....

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Puerto Rico become a state? I hope not. It makes Mississippi look like Utopia.

The Puerto Rico U.S.A citizens that haven't bailed and moved to the states yet are largely unemployed, uneducated, or corrupt or all three and less than half of them speak English. Much of the educated and professional Puerto Ricans have gotten the fuck out. There was a big drain even before Hurricane Maria and after Maria it ratcheted up. Now the earthquakes will result in even more people coming to the States. Those left are the total losers.
So... Like California?

oicu812

Reaction score
China is busy taking over Africa... tons of resources there.

Puerto Rico offers what? Nice resorts and stray dogs?
Africa? Yes. Drilling for oil off Cuba? Yes. Planned to put another canal thru Nicaragua? Yes. Got a hand in Venezuela? Yes.

The US wouldn't allow it, but Puerto Rico could be like Taiwan is to China.

It is like a chess match, and the planet is the game board.

For me, the following is the main reason PR has something to offer. Yesterday at Rincon & Tres Palmas. Who says the Atlantic/Caribbean doesn't get waves.

82817251_10157107391608315_5924071725930119168_o.jpg

82462718_10157107392353315_1099600056857657344_o.jpg

82539787_10157107392093315_6245069567224184832_o.jpg

83090064_10157107391783315_2491165758499848192_o.jpg

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol.. I was born and raised at the beach. Surrounded by oil fields. I went through them on the way to the beach.

My Les Paul Classifieds