Who Was Your First Les Paul Hero?

brianbzed

Reaction score
Peter Frampton. Frampton Comes Alive was being played almost continually on AM radio in those days. When I saw the album cover, I thought,"Man, that guy and THAT guitar are HAPPENING!" Okay....I know....totally lame and corny now, but I was only 12 years old!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Peter Frampton. Frampton Comes Alive was being played almost continually on AM radio in those days. When I saw the album cover, I thought,"Man, that guy and THAT guitar are HAPPENING!" Okay....I know....totally lame and corny now, but I was only 12 years old!
Me too.

I was 5 ('87), when I first heard 'DYFLWD?', and when he made the guitar "talk", it blew my frickin' mind.

He, and my uncle's '74 DeLuxe, were the reason I fell in love with LPs. And, 30 years later, the fire's still there.:)

brianbzed

Reaction score
I was a late 80's child from a guitar awakening point of view (although in the late teens at the time).

So I heard Gary Moore, Billy Duffy and Slash.
One reason I dug Slash when he came out was his use of a Les Paul. He would just BLAZE on them, when the vast majority of guys were using some variation of Strat..

smk506

Reaction score
My guitar teacher in high school had a 77 custom with a big funky gash in the top from someone closing a sleeper couch on it and half the finish rubbed off the neck. That inspired my love of les paul and beat up old guitars all in one swoop.

I think that would probably be it.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really hard to say exactly.

Gary had the biggest influence from whome I held my first electric guitar

But Robo and Scott are very close behind as their music, or Lizzy at the time they were there influenced me most musically.