Who was the first Person that was your Inspiration Playing Guitar

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Tom Scholz/Boston (circa 1978) and Sammy Hagar (who opened for Boston and absolutely rocked a Flying V for the entire set).

That was also the day I fell in love with the Les Paul guitar.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next door neighbor in the 6th grade. He was four grades older then me. I was already pretty impressed with the fact he let me hang to begin with. Sitting in the backyard watching him play House of the Rising Sun on a $20 nylon string Mexican acoustic was enough to get me hooked.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Father. Got his guitar when he passed too.

8.24.20 Melody Maker.jpg

dave b

Reaction score
The very first? Guitar player for Shocking Blue (from The Netherlands) with the song Venus. Probably was left by my mom's sister....the much younger, much cooler aunt. Late sixties K-Tel album. Still remember a bunch of the songs, but at 10/11 y/o, that one stood out. I asked for an electric guitar.....and got one. Always wanted to play guitar so badly since then, and that's exactly how I still play:laugh2: Been a helluva ride for 50+ years. John Fogarty was next. Jeeze..
.feelin' old.

Last edited:

Chester Drawers

Reaction score
Seriously, Roddy Frame (Aztec Camera)

Saw the band at Hammersmith Odeon, Roddy came on solo as warm up, just playing acoustically. Blew me away.

It took me a further 20 years to pick up a guitar, but that was certainly an inspiration.

Latest Threads