Who said semi-retirement is easy!!

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
It's been over 2 years now with my permanent *retirement* schedule.. Monday,Tuesday and most Thursdays at the office. The rest of the time keeping our 20 acre property looking like a park. To keep it real, it's been fantastic. But I am now always, really busy!!

dave b

Reaction score
Sounds like my perfect retirement. Keep working the same job....three days a week instead of six.....

Enjoy your 'retirement', Minte

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Nice to see you back Minte.

I don't believe working around the property can be counted as "work". Might seem like it on the odd occasion, but would you have it man other way?

Cheers

Aussiemodo

ɹǝpun uʍop ɯoɹɟ
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see you back Minte.

Retirement is fun, wish the health was better to enjoy it.

:) Can't have everything I suppose.

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
You said it was easy, didn't you?

Welcome back Minte.

Do some of the work at the compound, let hired help do the rest. :thumb:
Mrs. and I do everything that isn't high risk of death or dismemberment. I have been working on cutting all the dead Ash trees ,up to about 20 inches in diameter. Anything larger I call in the professionals.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The first time I retired (about age 32), I was miserable. Everyone I knew was working. So, I went back to work. Honestly, I prefer working (and being the boss) to being full-time retired. I might cutback my involvement, but I don't see me doing a full retirement mode, ever.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you, Minte. Been a while. Glad to hear life is treating you well.

Winding down my life now and prepping for a ride into the sunset and enjoying the rest of life without any type of business, work, or other such nonsense.

Can you imagine your life without the Mon/Tue/Thu part? I know that I sure can.

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
Living in the sticks has really been a lifestyle change. A year ago March I bought a John Deere 1025 tractor. Since then I've put about 20 hours total in my cars. 340 hours in the tractor. And I don't use it for mowing lawn.

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you, Minte. Been a while. Glad to hear life is treating you well.

Winding down my life now and prepping for a ride into the sunset and enjoying the rest of life without any type of business, work, or other such nonsense.

Can you imagine your life without the Mon/Tue/Thu part? I know that I sure can.
I don't think I would be such a warm and lovely fellow if I couldn't work in the company. I like the grounds keeping but wouldn't want to make it my job. The upside is, I haven't been in this good of shape since I was in the army/

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Living in the sticks has really been a lifestyle change. A year ago March I bought a John Deere 1025 tractor. Since then I've put about 20 hours total in my cars. 340 hours in the tractor. And I don't use it for mowing lawn.
That's interesting... I remember the pix of your new home, beautiful. And, with that much acreage, it's almost a full time job. I imagine it's quite a challenge.

We're going in a different direction.... Beachfront property. Almost no maintenance. And, between Labor Day and Memorial Day it's like living in the sticks. We may get a couple more for supplemental income. But, I really don't want to deal with RE management. That's too much like work.

Zungle

Reaction score
Sounds like my perfect retirement. Keep working the same job....three days a week instead of six.....

Enjoy your 'retirement', Minte
This...^^^

We've been crunching a few numbers to see if I could pull it off......

defcrew

Reaction score
The first time I retired (about age 32), I was miserable. Everyone I knew was working. So, I went back to work. Honestly, I prefer working (and being the boss) to being full-time retired. I might cutback my involvement, but I don't see me doing a full retirement mode, ever.
This. Although I did most of my retirement before the age of 32.:laugh2:

fugazi20

Reaction score
Good to see you around, welcome back! It's funny how sometimes retirement can end up being busier. :laugh2: But it's great to be able to work on your own home and property. Congrats and enjoy!