Who owns George Harrison's Lucy these days?

OBX351

Reaction score
I am watching The Beatles Get Back and Lucy been in the first episode a lot. Does anyone know who owns Lucy now?
beatles lucy2.jpg

beatles lucy1.jpg

Andrew1225

Reaction score
Wasn’t it stolen, and then repurchased by Harrison in the late 80’s early 90’s?

The bloke he bought it from was pretty unreasonable from what I read.

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t it stolen, and then repurchased by Harrison in the late 80’s early 90’s?

The bloke he bought it from was pretty unreasonable from what I read.

Quote:

In 1973 Lucy was one of the items stolen in a burglary at Harrison's home in Beverly Hills. The thief or an intermediary sold it at Whalin's Sound City[5] on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood; owner George Whalin promptly resold it (in violation of the statutory 30-day waiting period) to Miguel Ochoa, a musician from Guadalajara, Mexico. When the red guitar appeared on a police stolen-property bulletin Whalin called Ochoa's contact number, his friend Mark Havey; this began a lengthy negotiation which resulted, ultimately, in Harrison via Havey trading Ochoa a sunburst Les Paul and a Fender Precision Bass for the return of Lucy. Harrison later referred to the incident as a "kidnapping"; he kept Lucy until his death in 2001. In 2014, the History Channel show Brad Meltzer's Lost History featured this story.

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understood that Clapton bought it for Harrison ... kind of a consolation prize for ex appropriating Harrison's wife

modavis99

Reaction score
I’m late to this party by decades but I took a pic of Lucy’s switch tip for posterity

6F9F380E-40AB-4A76-9782-1EAA47DAF920.jpeg

Latest Threads