Who makes Jim Beam Promotional LP's

Bill437

Reaction score
Like it says; Who makes the Les Paul promotional guitars used by Jim Beam in the various competitions in Pubs/Taverns?

I haven't seen one up close but soon will because one of my sons just won one so I'm curious to know who makes them, he tells me it has a bolt on neck.

I'm familiar with Epiphone LP because I have a 2003 MIJ Epiphone Elite Tak Matsumoto Signature LP however this is a pretty high end Epiphone LP so comparison won't tell me much if anything.

However I wouldn't think big companies involved in these promotions wouldn't be providing fakes as the prize........or would they????.

Pinkie

Reaction score
Epi I think.
Gibson did one as well but set neck.

dspelman

Reaction score
However I wouldn't think big companies involved in these promotions wouldn't be providing fakes as the prize........or would they????.

The Chinese fakes are actually set necks. Jim Beam can put its design on any guitar it wants, including bolt neck LP-alikes. It probably won't say "Gibson" on top, however. Maybe Jim Beam.

T Blade

Reaction score
Got interested in this post by the title. Found these pics from a quick google.

JImBeamLPcopyy2.jpg

JImBeamLPcopy.jpg

JImBeamLPcopy1.jpg

White for a guitar color has never been my favorite. Of the 30 or so different guitars I've owned in my over 45 years of playing, I have never owned a guitar of this color, but to each their own :slash:.

Grabbed a Gibson Jim Beam from somewhere also.

realbeam.jpg

(copied from Fibsons.com-the fake Gibson guitar blog) The real Les Paul Jim Beam (above), was part of a corporate sponsorship program, a bunch of companies had some Les Paul’s done; Jim Beam, Budweiser, Indian Motorcycles amongst others. According to Gibson about 75 were made of the Jim Beam model and there are some obvious differences between the real and the fake. The real Jim Beam Les Paul is basically a Les Paul Studio with an unbound ebony fretboard, top hat control knobs, chrome hardware, Jim Beam insignia on the headstock and a plain truss rod cover.

Latest Threads