Who loves playing their Les Paul mellow and clean?

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I just spent an hour having a blast playing my Gibson old school nice and clean and it sounded so good.Its by far my most powerful guitar with 490s in it-she can roar yet playing her Les Paul 50s style is just too much fun-makes me sound like I know what im doing anyone else?

TradPro2

Reaction score
yes, I like low volume with a fair amount of reverb

all lead melodic, don't care for strumming chords

bed room player only nowadays

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Yep, clean Les Paul is always good!

Lester and tweed Fender Blues Junior with a dollop of reverb.

The Strymon Flint, especially its early ‘60s reverb and tremolo works a treat with clean Les Paul tones. I quite like a hint of analog echo too.

It’s not the true Les Paul Classic ‘57 humbucker tones of the Trad but the various pull-push options of the ‘14 Standard, with coil taps and out-of-phase settings, make for some very interesting clean tones and there are a lot of sounds to play with.

garybaldy

Reaction score
I just spent an hour having a blast playing my Gibson old school nice and clean and it sounded so good.Its by far my most powerful guitar with 490s in it-she can roar yet playing her Les Paul 50s style is just too much fun-makes me sound like I know what im doing anyone else?
490s are great pickups.

ARandall

Reaction score
My amps are set up as a clean platform.....so I have an awesome clean which is the default tone when I plug in.

jbylake

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, clean Les Paul is always good!

Lester and tweed Fender Blues Junior with a dollop of reverb.

The Strymon Flint, especially its early ‘60s reverb and tremolo works a treat with clean Les Paul tones. I quite like a hint of analog echo too.

It’s not the true Les Paul Classic ‘57 humbucker tones of the Trad but the various pull-push options of the ‘14 Standard, with coil taps and out-of-phase settings, make for some very interesting clean tones and there are a lot of sounds to play with.
I have a Trad Pro V, and I like to play with the split, tap and phase in clean mode too. A pleasant change once in a while.

sonar1

Reaction score
One is a 490 and a 498 modern -but I would LOVE P90S in a goldtop!
Friend came by today. We butchered some jazz & blues.
Clean sounds. 2020: ‘54 Goldtop R4.
Yesterday I round robin-ed my two LP’s and a Tele through my Carr Rambler (a very Ampeg-like clean sound).
I love 490’s, P-90’s, even ‘57 Classics in the right guitar.
My R8 has the new whatevertheyare humbuckers. I like those too!

5B2BB953-5A8D-4E09-958A-9B4A983B96BE.jpeg

FunkmastaL

Reaction score
That's how they were made to be played. I play mine clean like 90% of the time. They're amazing for jazz, funk, and r&b. Do most people here really play with distortion most of the time? I know they sound great with distortion, but after a while almost any guitar sounds the same with a bunch of distortion. Playing clean really brings out how these guitars actually sound.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
Run the amp hot. Run the guitar middlins, pick light / dig in, let the amp do the work: 68 Bandmaster, ACC 150/403, Vox AC15 - let the amp do the work.

Tons of tones using only the guitar pots, and mixing middle position..

Latest Threads