Who loves an SG?

Reaction score
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
So I bought me this here SG (SGJ) in 2014. Cheapest thing Gibson was making at the time and at the the time, its all I could afford. But......price has no leg to stand on here, this is by far the most comfortable playing guitar I have ever played......and I have played a lot of Gibsons. I have actually been told that if I am not gonna buy something I gotta find the door, lol. GC can s@ck it, lol. Any way..... a dirty finger and a P94 later I am still in love. I mean, sh@t, I have played the finish off a three year old guitar.....like stretching out the prom queen I guess.

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Who doesn't?...

Congrats on your new SG. :applause:

Those P94 are great stuff. :thumb:

Last edited:

barchiola

Reaction score
I had always wanted an SG and finally came up with one late last year when someone offered me a '96 Standard for some video equipment I was trying to sell. I really liked it but it was so different from my other two electrics that I sold it to my 13 yr old son's friend. Now that it's gone I thought buying a Les Paul would get me over the loss but I can't stop thinking about that SG!

In other words, I understand what you're talking about. :)

Reaction score
I had always wanted an SG and finally came up with one late last year when someone offered me a '96 Standard for some video equipment I was trying to sell. I really liked it but it was so different from my other two electrics that I sold it to my 13 yr old son's friend. Now that it's gone I thought buying a Les Paul would get me over the loss but I can't stop thinking about that SG!

In other words, I understand what you're talking about. :)
Get one bro, I love my LPs, but there is just something about an SG that nobother guitar can hive you.

gball

Reaction score
I love them. For a while I had a '14 SGJ too, and I've owned a few others over the years. Currently I have a 2017 SG Standard and it is the best one yet. Great guitars.

Reaction score
I love them. For a while I had a '14 SGJ too, and I've owned a few others over the years. Currently I have a 2017 SG Standard and it is the best one yet. Great guitars.
Yeah, I am eye f@cking a 2017 SG standard in ebony right now, she will be my next future ex-wife

SGeoff

Reaction score
thanks. back then, you just bought one and played it. I have had to change the tuners, but not much else