Who Likes Goodwill Stores?

denimcatfish

Reaction score
I miss going to thrift stores. You pick up a lot of interesting things. I remember we found a PS1 game being sold for about $5 and it sold it for about $125 on ebay. xD

Monsyphon

Reaction score
I haven't been to one in a while but I always loved them, I should invest some time into one..

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got our table set up in the garage at the moment, until some more people come over to help get it in the basement.......played several games last night....pool rules!

Mike S.

Reaction score
I used to peruse the Goodwill stores for the occasional opportunity to find musical instruments, militaria, antiques and collectibles etc. that might have slipped their way into the inventory.

Now that they put all of this online on their auction site, the steal of a deal finds are virtually no mas. Prices on the site are driven up to full retail and beyond.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just got some cool leather Star Trek styleChairs at our local thrift shop. I make it a daily ritual to go there now. The Local Salvation Army is mostly about cloths, but the Thrift shop is about furniture and everything else. I get more of a thrill from the latter.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I used to peruse the Goodwill stores for the occasional opportunity to find musical instruments, militaria, antiques and collectibles etc. that might have slipped their way into the inventory.

Now that they put all of this online on their auction site, the steal of a deal finds are virtually no mas. Prices on the site are driven up to full retail and beyond.
Yeah that happens all to often at these type of stores. I guess they seek to maximize profits, not necessarily give great deals. Good for them for trying to reach a larger audience and make more money. Bad for most bargain hunters.

es345guy

Reaction score
I have purchased clothes in the past at the thrift store as well as things I know I can flip on ebay. This has saved me so much money that was better spent on gibsons and of course the gibsons were used norlins. Funny thing is every time I go in those places I look at the guitars just in case. It would be one thing to have a 50s goldtop but to have one you found in a thrift store..........kerplunk, opps, pardon me.

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I buy most of my clothes at GW or Value Village type stores.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I love 'em.

Pro tip: go to the nearest Goodwill/SallyArmy/thrift store to a rich neighborhood. They get better stuff.

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, some of these names.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Some Goodwills have better items than others. I know people who will
travel to nicer towns or cities (money) and find incredible bargains.

fett

Reaction score
I wonder how high the pile of clothes is on the pool table. I took the cue when I was in high school and a friend had a full-sized table with no balls. Just the family's clothes.

dc007

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy most of my vinyl records there

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend Shonna works for Goodwill in payroll. She's been there for over 20 years. She says that they try to always sell things in the location that they were donated in. So, nicer area, nicer stuff normally.

bungle

Reaction score
Found many treasures at the thrift shops. :)Donate stuff when I can. It’s always for a good cause.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how high the pile of clothes is on the pool table. I took the cue when I was in high school and a friend had a full-sized table with no balls. Just the family's clothes.
The pool table never made it to my house...it's still in the basement of my parents house and my mom uses it as a junk table. I will get it back one day but it will just come with the house at that point. Ain't nobody gonna drag that mf out of the basement now lol

Latest Threads