Who knows about Marin bikes?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna get my kid a Marin Eldridge 1, which I can't even find on their website. The guy at the shop said they're 2022 models. I guess it's not sold in the US, but they snagged about 100 bikes from a cancelled order from LA somehow. Haha.
He'll probably love the Unobtainium aspect of it. He mostly rides for exercise, with light trails and a few dirt pile jumps and whatever else dumb stuff we can do on the dirt. Lots of trails around here I bet, but we haven't found them yet.
Annnnnnnywaaaaaayyyy...... :)
Do you guys know anything about them? He quoted me about $690 for the Large.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I have a Marin hybrid that I bought ohhhh 15 years ago? I still ride it when I ride with my kiddo. Works great.

Can’t tell you if that’s a good price though.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never ridden one, but I know three people that do. They all love them.

PeteK

Reaction score
It's a well respected brand. I know a guy who's had a Marin hybrid bike for years and loves it. I have no idea on pricing though.

Chester Drawers

Reaction score
They’re up there quality-wise with Specialized, CracknFail, etc. They’re a smaller manufacture, although that means nothing as almost all bikes are made in the far east, certainly at that price point.

You wont go wrong, but don’t expect it to last a lifetime, without maintenance / upgrades.

Go fer it.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
He fuckin better. My first car was $450, and I paid $500 to get my Nova back. (Long story...)
His costs almost as much as both. Haha.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna get my kid a Marin Eldridge 1, which I can't even find on their website. The guy at the shop said they're 2022 models. I guess it's not sold in the US, but they snagged about 100 bikes from a cancelled order from LA somehow. Haha.
He'll probably love the Unobtainium aspect of it. He mostly rides for exercise, with light trails and a few dirt pile jumps and whatever else dumb stuff we can do on the dirt. Lots of trails around here I bet, but we haven't found them yet.
Annnnnnnywaaaaaayyyy...... :)
Do you guys know anything about them? He quoted me about $690 for the Large.

You're a good dad. Marin makes a very nice bike. Your son will enjoy it very much. @TheX will know more than I, but my understanding is that they started out - or made their name - with mountain bikes. But, they now make some very respected road & hybrid models. Their hi-end stuff is pricey, but you can get some models for around $500.

If things don't work out between you and him, I'm available for adoption.

Latest Threads