Who here has the LEAST powerful amp, in TERM OF WATTAGE?

PeteK

Reaction score
I lack any high watt amps. I have a Laney Lionheart 5w and a newly aquired Phaez Daisycutter 18w

efstop

I render not the posterior of a rodent
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, that's a brand. Sorry :fingersx:
Carry on :jam:

rogue3

Reaction score
reviving a retro post,just because it's a good idea(nice very low wattage amps)

Since this was posted, i was motivated to get this 1 watt rackmount tube amp out of storage.

Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine.1 watt.Highly recommended if you ever see one in the used binz.May need new tubes.
Single ended,rackmount box,one preamp tube(12AX7) and one power tube(12AU7).Plugged into a Marshall 4-12.

Been pushing it hard for a few weeks now.It has a permanent spot now on top of a Hiwatt DR103.

Simply amazing.Stellar quality Marshall overdrive.very loud in this config(with 4-12).But not enough to punch holes in walls.:cool2:
Low wattage does not mean low quality sound(of course we all know that!)

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have a 1W battery powered Fender. It's great for taking with me to check out a used guitar (or sell one) so I can meet the person in public.

Otherwise it sits on my workbench for testing new electronics.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
How low can you go?

0,25 Watt....

I've had two of them
BH-KA-Top-1.jpg

Frogfur

Reaction score
Winnie Wagger amps. They're shaped like a hotdog with a jack on one end and a volume knob on the other. The whole thing is a tube speaker. You can stick it in your pocket for extra groupie attention after the show.
"Say ..Is that an amp in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me ? .."

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
those marshall 50th anniversary heads which were 1watt max if you hit the low power switch IIRC it went down to .1 of a watt. That's pretty low.

Both my AFD and YJM heads can be attenuated down that low with the onboard EPA, so theoretically I have a .1watt marshall Plexi!

T7HMOtn.jpg

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Any amp with a volume knob that goes all the way to zero can deliver milliwatts at the speaker coil, can't it?

You might be looking at this wrong, or maybe I am. I'm sure that someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

My understanding is that an amplifiers wattage designation is actually the bias in Class A and AB amps. That is a 100 watt amp has 100 watts going through it whether it has a signal or not. If there is no signal the amp generates 100 watts of heat. If there is a signal, a portion of that signal depending on the amps efficiency gets turned into mechanical energy at the speaker, but you are still running 100 watts total.

At the speaker end, the speakers are run by the amount of current delivered to them, which would be measured in amperes.