Who here has had a vasectomy???

rdsmith3

Reaction score
I've had two vasectomies done. They are as simple as everyone else says.

I also had one reversal done. It worked! However, the reversal is incredibly painful, and you should not plan on ever having one done. Make sure you really are ready to never have kids.

hipofutura

Reaction score
Had it done long ago. It hurt like a mofo!! The worst part was when the doctor warmed me that I'd feel slight pressure when he applied the clamp! I'm like "you're not going to put a CLAMP on my nuts!!! Well, the doc was wrong, I didn't feel slight pressure at all. I felt INTENSE pain!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Ironic...I'm actually on tap to have this done in November.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I was mid 30s and had 4 kids. DONE! Not a big deal. A little tender for a day or two. I think they used the same model soldering iron as I use on my pickups.
Hopefully they cleaned it first. I know mine can get rather crusty. :thumb:

Jakeislove

Reaction score
I had to stop by work after.... was walking like Fred G. Sanford, LOL!

Day after I was fine and bangin' by the weekend.

It's really no big deal.

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had it done about 20 years ago... Very small incision.
I don’t remember any pain at all. 2 days with the ice pack on the pack…

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
First off they don't remove your balls...they leave that up to your wife. :shock:

Second, procedure is pretty painless as they use a local to numb you. They do make you shave yourself which depending on the nurse is a curse or a blessing. If you're persuasive enough you can talk someone else into doing it for you. A couple of drinks, a sharp razor, some shaving cream...hey you got yerself a party! :naughty:

After the procedure you get to go home, relax, take some pain meds and slap a bag of frozen peas on your junk for a couple of days. Follow the post op instructions and you're good to go in a few days.

It's been 18 months since I had mine done, I tested swimmer free after 4 months and there's been absoutely no loss of drive or side effects of any kind. :thumb:
This. :thumb:

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal at all, the only big deal is formed between your ears.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my brother had it done, but still managed
to end up with three more kids after he had
it. Its rare but it can happen

sollophonic

Reaction score
I had one done back in 2003. Simple day job, local anaesthetic, weird being pulled about, but took about half an hour.

When the local wore off it hurt quite a lot, and needed painkillers for a day or so. My tackle swelled up too, but I dont remember that hurting.

Remember though, you have to go for a sperm test about 6 weeks later. Until then they cant 100% guarantee its success.

When that is clear, you can rely on it as a permanent fix.

Tell you what, I'm much more dreading this hernia op that I have to have done tomorrow:hmm:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's amazing that of all the horrifying things I've seen and read online....

THIS thread is the one that makes my stomach cramp and throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Lord it was like reading a trainwreck. Horrified. Cold chills. Yet I kept reading out of some morbid fascination.

Tube tugging? Cauterizing? Needles into balls? *shudder*

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
I had my vasectomy done thirty years ago, when I was just 24 years old. The procedure is no big deal, just take it easy for a couple of days and that's that. I've never had one ounce of regret for having it done. I have one child, a wonderful daughter, who's now 33 and I've never been sorry that I stopped with just one child. Not having to go through the monthly scare or worry about birth control has been great. One thing you need to remember is, you have a resovoir of little swimmers, so be sure and get a sperm sample tested to be sure they've all cleared out, before you give up birth control. My favorite saying is: "Having a vasectomy means never having to say you're sorry!"

Reaction score
I had the no scalpel technique. I small hole and a snip. I could never use condoms. I always had trouble getting them past my ears.

Latest Threads