Who here falls into the "essential" workers that are still working?

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
No court today. Only have one short hearing tomorrow then home, and no docket on Friday. I still draw my salary, but a substantial part of my income is preparing transcripts so that's out until things get back to normal.

Been getting chores done around the house though, lot more guitar & piano playing.

Wifey and I haven't been getting on each other's nerves … yet. If worse comes to worst, with good time I could probably make parole in two years.

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
I'm a glass salesman, so I have to be able to take care of commercial and residential customers.

Tomorrow , I think all the non essential workers have to stay home until further notice, but I'll be heading to work.

I sorta wanted a couple of weeks off to spend some quality time with my retired wife, but I guess that's not going to happen.

mdubya

Reaction score
Even though MD has closed all non-essential businesses and 99% of my company is working from home, they are still making a pair of accounting administrative assistants go into the office to do the book keeping. Why this cannot be done from home, I cannot understand.

Oh, and their antiquated ways mean that we have to submit printed paper copies of certain invoices. Which means guess who gets to go in to the office and print invoice to deliver to their literal (as opposed to virtual) inboxes? Because it is "not fair" for them to have the task to print the invoices themselves if we submit them electronically which would reduce exposure for them, us, me, etc to the Corona.

The funny thing, the people in charge of ALL of this are women, and this is a big power play/power struggle between them to assert dominance. Can't they just piss on each others shoes to do that? Like normal people? They all keep complaining about each other, too. I feel like saying, "See this sh!t that we have to put up with from you?"

<rant/>.

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the benefits they are going to offer the people not working I am thinking I wish I was non essential..
An extra 600.00 a week and unemployment benefits for up to 4 months,,,, yikes..

Garages and parts might be open but no one is out buying anything..

danohat

Reaction score
It's unfathomable that we are in a state of everyone who's essential deciding who is essential. It's the Big Club theory in action.

mdubya

Reaction score
I am looking for a good unreal deal on a luxury car. I want to do my part to keep the economy moving. But I am going to need a once in a lifetime bargain to do so. :fingersx:

Soon, soon....

mdubya

Reaction score
I'll be going to work next week. It's essential to me.
It's unfathomable that we are in a state of everyone who's essential deciding who is essential. It's the Big Club theory in action.
I cannot tell you how happy I am to be able to keep working through all of this. I feel very lucky to be able to do so. I give thanks every day. :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I cannot tell you how happy I am to be able to keep working through all of this. I feel very lucky to be able to do so. I give thanks every day. :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
m, many laughed at me--Yeah, GREAT job Tim<not now-Tim can I borrow$?>-------I have job security-mental illness is growing by the second.

fry

Reaction score
I am looking for a good unreal deal on a luxury car. I want to do my part to keep the economy moving. But I am going to need a once in a lifetime bargain to do so. :fingersx:

Soon, soon....
I’m sure there are going to be incredible deals on big ticket items when this all settles down. If you need a car, computer, appliances, get ready!

mdubya

Reaction score
I’m sure there are going to be incredible deals on big ticket items when this all settles down. If you need a car, computer, appliances, get ready!
I am already shopping. I haven't found anything remarkable yet. But I am ready.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Soon, soon....
You can get TONS of luxury in GM and RAM trucks.....I think they’re offering 0% for 84 months AND deferred payments, AND cash back?!?! It’s crazy!!

penguinchit

Reaction score
I spent a couple days on the road going to our ambulance & aircare sites. I've thought this for years...I'd like to throw out there that EMTs and paramedics are severely underpaid for what they have to put up with and do. If any of you are in that field, I tip my hat to you, the skill you bring and the crap you deal with on a daily basis.

danohat

Reaction score
I met many a great paramedic during my dad's time being quadriplegic. In fact one was there when my dad died and I met him again later in life and recognized him. We remodeled a kitchen together. I recognized his face because I saw a lot of empathy in it when they were wheeling out my dad.

mdubya

Reaction score
You can get TONS of luxury in GM and RAM trucks.....I think they’re offering 0% for 84 months AND deferred payments, AND cash back?!?! It’s crazy!!
I've got a truck.

I need something black and German to cover up the thin spots in my hairline. :doh:

0% interest for 84 months is foo king impressive. But I am going to need a serious deduction from the sticker price to come off of my corona pandemic mattress cash. :naughty:

Bytor1958

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they are considering what happens when entire neighborhoods with swimming pools in every yard are turned into green stagnant algae pits. Can you imagine the amount of mosquitoes and disease? If this goes on into May, this is going to happen. What happens when grass is not cut?
You can go outside at home. It doesn't mean you have to lock yourself in. I am seeing more people out walking a running than ever. I plan on doing yard work. Just stay way from people.

Latest Threads