Who Has An LP Classic Olive Drab - I Can't Stop Looking At Them

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I really love the color and looks of the Les Paul Classic in the Olive Drab color. These were out a couple years ago and then came back, I just love them with the Zebra 61 Humbuckers. I am not sure about the neck profile though, how Slim are these, are they just like the regular Classics?

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
They have the same neck profile as other Classics... same specs.

@gball has one.

Post in thread 'Classic vs older Standard' https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/classic-vs-older-standard.463253/post-10233746
I think I will take a trip to GC then and see how I like the neck on a Classic. I actually went there a couple months ago to compare the Standard 60's and Classic neck profiles but got sidetracked by a 2014 Les Paul Signature that I ended up purchasing for $1500. I thought it was a new guitar at first and after trying it, I couldn't put it down, just a fantastic used like new guitar.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I went to GC and played a Classic for a bit, switching back and forth between the Classic and a 60's Standard. The 60's Standard neck is just so much more comfortable. The Slim Taper on the Classic is not as Slim as a Modern, but still Slim enough that questions how I will feel about it over time. It is not super Slim, so it is not in any way horrible to play on and it feels ok, but just not anywhere near as good as my current great guitars that I already own. GAS sucks sometimes, it really gets you going and thinking non-stop for a bit.

gball

Reaction score
It's a killer guitar. I tend to favor thicker necks but I have really been liking the difference in feel - it makes me play a little differently and that's a good thing for variety and a bit of inspiration. Its not quite as thin as the neck on my '79, but its hard to compare that to anything because it has the super-low/wide frets that are like nothing else and make that neck totally unique. But I am full-on liking the profile after having it for about 6 months now, and the pickups really scream.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
There you go! Live Dangerously! :dude:

Having GAS and being as selective as you are about slim necks must be brutal! ;)
Luckily the neck is not super Slim, and not every neck is created equal even in the same models, so hopefully I get a nice one. Purchasing sight unseen from Gibson will hopefully pan out. :fingersx:

moreles

Reaction score
Is "drap" a combo of drab and crap? Not my fave color, but for those who like green, I think it works way better than the bluish and aquatic greens. I'd like to see with gold on a custom.

Peter M

Reaction score
Luckily the neck is not super Slim, and not every neck is created equal even in the same models, so hopefully I get a nice one. Purchasing sight unseen from Gibson will hopefully pan out. :fingersx:

I play both thick and thin neck profiles and really only feel the difference for a moment after a switch, then I forget all about it. If we were talking about a different fretboard radius, that would be another story. Good luck and enjoy!

Latest Threads